Why is my (white) Lumia 950 back cover is creaking

Bobby Inggas

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone has the same issue with me ? i know it happens to 950 XL. And have never found any report that it happen on 950. but it does on my Lumia 950 :unhappy::unhappy::unhappy:

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
In certain places if you listen out for it, sure. Just feels like the material though rather than any defect. The cover has to be somewhat loose to be removable.

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been getting creakier over time, but I have taken the cover off several times. Its pretty minor creaking currently though. Most noticeable around the bottom of the phone.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
A better question to ask:

Is there a super easy, quick, no cost fix?

Yes, place post-it notes, masking tape, or hockey tape on the inside of the back cover near the bottom left and bottom right corners.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
In certain places if you listen out for it, sure. Just feels like the material though rather than any defect. The cover has to be somewhat loose to be removable.

My V10 has a removable back. It does not creek and does not feel loose. The creaking is a design flaw. My 640 also creaks.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
It happens around the battery place/side, so pushing case harder there, you hear the sound, why? In my understanding, battery sits a little lower than phones body/frame, that makes a little gap in between and case with battery does not touch, pushing, squeezing makes it bend, that is why you hear the creak. Negate the gap with creativity and there will be no sound.

bobby_inggas

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Then, is it the cover that doesn't go with the body ? or the body doesn't go with the cover ?

has anyone tried Mozo cover ? does it solve the creaking issue ?

bobby_inggas

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
My V10 has a removable back. It does not creek and does not feel loose. The creaking is a design flaw. My 640 also creaks.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

But some of them doesn't creak at all. only a small group of Lumia 950 that creak i believe. i am not sure if it's because of flaw of a design.

BBJonbo

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
For me it eventually goes away. I think the polycarbonate back adjusts with heat and such and the creak for me eventually disappears.

jayramphone

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
My stock back cover also creaked (quite loudly) on the bottom left corner every time it was pressed, even quite gently.
I bought the Mozo cover and the creak is more or less gone (it still happens very rarely but far more quietly than the stock cover).
Overall the Mozo cover transforms the phone into what I would consider a build quality equal of an iphone 4 and much better than an iphone 5 or 6.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon