Question on 950 XL continuum dock compatibility with peripherals

docles2002

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi there. Just want to ask if the continuum dock for my Lumia 950 XL works with the ff:

1. Projector via a hdmi to vga converter
2. wireless presenter with the signal part attached to the usb in the dock

Reason of asking: I want to use it in my lectures with a slide projector and with a presenter wirelessly just like in a laptop

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
If you have something that actively converts a native HDMI signal to VGA (which, by the way, is rare), then yes, it theoretically should work, though I haven't tried myself.

However, if you're using a passive HDMI to VGA cable or adapter (or the same for DisplayPort), then it won't work. Most adapters are passive and just use the PC's native VGA output via the HDMI/DisplayPort output.

If in the second part, you're talking about a presenter remote, I'm not entirely sure. I would think that in order for it to work, it would need to use the USB Human Interface Device driver, with no third party drivers needed, and the UWP version of PowerPoint would have to also support the same keyboard shortcuts. I would lean towards it not working, but I don't know for sure.

A couple other things to note for this type of scenario. First, the Display Dock is pretty heavy for its size. Secondly, the Display Dock only works when it is powered. So it might not be as convenient for that as you're thinking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon