May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a lumia 950 and i use the out of the box Microsoft charger
But IT takes agrees to charge up to 100%
From 17 % to 76% as iam writing this now it takes more than 90min
Wi-Fi is disabled and location is disabled
And the phone doesn't even get warm at all
Is this normal ?

Try this app by Arthur Semenov called Battery. It will give you the charging rate so you can monitor how fast your phone is charging

dashrendar

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Not normal. In your case, it should have taken about 35 minutes.

Microsoft's charger supplies 3A input. With the phones 3000mAH battery, it should take no longer than one hour to charge the phone up completely. Maybe a little longer since the last 10% (between 90-100%), the charge is slowed down a bit.

AHMED STOKON

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Not normal. In your case, it should have taken about 35 minutes.

Microsoft's charger supplies 3A input. With the phones 3000mAH battery, it should take no longer than one hour to charge the phone up completely. Maybe a little longer since the last 10% (between 90-100%), the charge is slowed down a bit.
So what is the problem here?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
So what is the problem here?
It's the phone or the charger for sure.... from under 10% i get a full charge in less than an hour (never timed the exact amount)

I'd say, 1st check the port on the phone and the charger, to make sure there is nothing that could stop a decent connection from happening (lint, gunk, etc) and if you know anyone else with a 950 or recent nexus, see if you could use their stock charger. if all fails, warranty claim!

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
You mentioned your wifi and location are disabled, is your phone actively trying to do something, like download updates? If high levels of activities are going on, it might slow down the charge time. Have you allowed your phone to get all the app updates, etc., first? Since it's having to do it over a cell connection, this might take longer than if it were over a wifi connection.

AHMED STOKON

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
fast charging works sometimes and sometimes it's not working
same charger same Device
so i guess it's a matter of luck with me
because sometimes i plug it and the phone and it's charge really fast also it get warm ( as the numbers you guys mentioned up later )
and the other day is not working and it charges slow as hell and not getting warm at all
so that's very strange here

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
fast charging works sometimes and sometimes it's not working
same charger same Device
so i guess it's a matter of luck with me
because sometimes i plug it and the phone and it's charge really fast also it get warm ( as the numbers you guys mentioned up later )
and the other day is not working and it charges slow as hell and not getting warm at all
so that's very strange here

Sounds like a flakey cable connection.. If it's still under warranty I would not waste time trying to fix it.. Best to just exchange it and be done with it.. Just my opinion but I'm not going to spend that much money on a new phone and waste time trying to fix it.. Especially charging the phone which should just "work" period out of the box.

ektosknot

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I also have this behavior. Sometimes fast, sometimes normal. It all started when I used the phone longer periods while charging. I am pretty sure this is a software issue and has nothing to do with the hardware. Anyway, when this happens take it out of plug and after a minute plug it back. It will charge faster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes