hard resetting my 950, do i restore from a back up

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
quick question on build 71 and im having all sort of issues with batteryand emails not syncing. ive doen the hard reset but i reinstall everything from scratch or do i restore froma back up. or is that encouraging more problems.

reset done so back to where i was, went in to windows account and cant see the apps which have downloaded in the past, im sure in the past you could resend it to the phone maybe i'm thinking of the 8.1 software. so not really sure if i should restore from a back up of yesterday or download apps all again, massive pain if its the latter.

Last edited:

PhineasTD

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
This may sound simple minded, but have you tried simply rebooting the phone? Also, roll through all of your settings, sub menu's, and double check your configuration. I've noted that some updates have changed my configurations back to original. My wifi and APN settings in particular get reset.

I see a lot on these forums about individuals 'hard resetting' their devices...and it DOES have some merit in certain circumstances...but it isn't the end-all solution either. Keep in mind that a hard reset simply reverts the phone back to factory settings for what ever OS is currently on board, recovering all original settings and specs, and then overwriting what is currently on the device. It is neither a format nor a 'clean' install. The freshly install OS just doesn't see what ever rogue data might remain from the hard reset.

Try the back-up, that's what it's there for, and hopefully that'll be your solution.

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
thanks i wish i held on to a reply, i ended u resetting then i thought everyone must be reinstalling there apps as a back up would just bring all the bad stuff back so ive been doing that aswell. fed up isnt the word. seriously

thanks for replying i dont know whether to abandon my fresh install of the apps or jsut restore froma back up

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
thanks i wish i held on to a reply, i ended u resetting then i thought everyone must be reinstalling there apps as a back up would just bring all the bad stuff back so ive been doing that aswell. fed up isnt the word. seriously

thanks for replying i dont know whether to abandon my fresh install of the apps or jsut restore froma back up
All of your apps are available through the store in your library for reinstallation. You can do a clean install or reinstall and restore data.

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
thanks i actually wiped it again and did a restore from a a back up, do you always have to re sign in to all your apps/emails etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2