Charger build quality

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 950XL since release day in November and now the stock charger is starting to take a dump. I literally have to use the charger that came with the free continuum dock to charge my phone now. I'm severely disappointed with the build quality of these chargers. I'll be going to the Microsoft store tomorrow demanding a new one.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I apparently baffled the staff at my local Microsoft store. Since they don't have replacement AC-100 model chargers in stock, she tried to give me a non stock replacement. I told her, this is not a 3amp output like the stock charger. She said "oh your right"...... To make a long story short, she gave me a used one from a display unit and took down my contact info while they make an attempt to stock some. Supposedly I'll get a call or email when stock arrives. I'm just glad I have one that works properly even if it's used. Not disappointed with my experience today.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I found replacement chargers for 950Xl on eBay but all =<2Amp non was 3Amp and wiring looks lighter gauge. They may still work but take much longer to recharge.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I found replacement chargers for 950Xl on eBay but all =<2Amp non was 3Amp and wiring looks lighter gauge. They may still work but take much longer to recharge.
Yeah that's what I was trying to avoid. I think since the product is fairly new they will start selling them individually in a couple months.

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Technically speaking the charger that comes with the 950 and 950 XL are pretty good. I have three of them, all fine until now.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Also notice for some technical reason MS recommends 950XL be connected to power cable AFTER either USB or charger is connected 1st :grincry: Some electronic engineers please explain why :kiss:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon