In-depth Look at Desk Dock and Mobile Extender Accessories

todd7900

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
This is aimed directly at the business user. I will be surprised if HP markets this through the carriers. I expect it will be available from HP store and maybe Microsoft. I can imagine HP will also come up with monitor/keyboard/mouse combos for those that want a bigger screen. Like Microsoft markets the Surface as the "tablet that replaces your laptop," this is the phone that replaces your laptop/desktop.

Manfred Pohler

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Does it work with "standard continuum"? In other words - can a Lumia 950... be used with it or does it work only with X3?
What I mean is the "CPU less laptop" not the dock, although the dock would also be nice - but I guess the "measurements" are a problem here.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Anyone see any other accessories popping up? "

A couple of the MWC16 X3 release/hands-on articles mentioned the 5 pogo pins on the phone's rear-bottom being incorporated for usage via 'jacket extensions'...ie case add-ons that would service POS situations as well as specialized business/medical/production test uses. But for the average consumer, I would think an add-on battery case or credit card reader would be a no brainer for 3rd parties to bring to market. Haven't seen anything yet though.

todd7900

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Not sure anyone knows since everything is really just in preproduction demos right now. It could be something offered as upgrades like their laptops.

realbart

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
When will the HP Elite x3 Lap Dock be available in Europe?
(pity it doen't have touch screen)

I hope it will be affordable. You can get a decent chromebook for € 250, so for me that really is the upper limit...

Last edited:

realbart

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you're going to be disappointed... This is far more than a Chromebook. You're not going to find a mobile device with these specs three times what you're wanting to pay.

The lap dock is exactly like a chrome book: a view on data being processed elsewhere.
Any laptop with the Windows 10 Anniversary version can play mobile extender to my Elite.

[Edit]
I read your reaction again. Just to be clear: I don't think a chromebook is any competition for the Elite itself.
But I don't know what a reasonable price is for a portable keyboard and screen.
For a device like that, €200 seems reasonable.

I understand the price will be way higer than that, but fortunately there are alternatives, like the $119 NexDock. Or otherwise a cheap laptop will do the job.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon