Lumia 1520 Strange Battery Discharge issu

ahsan_aa

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am almost new to this so please excuse me if i ask something very simple due to my lack of knowledge. I am using Lumia 1520. Its an amazing phone with no troubles at all except this strange Battery issue, which i couldn't get it yet.
Here are the 2 problems i am facing:

1) I am putting my Phone on charge at night, in morning around 08:00 when i take it off (after 6 - 7 hours of charging, it says that it has only 82% charged. (though once in night i waited to see how far it can go and i remember that i saw 93% as max and when i un pluged it, literally in few minutes it was droped to 82%) I can go all day with heavy use of GPS, 3G, Music player and still when i get back home, its still on 20-25% arround 01:00am midnight. Which is pretty good.

2) Yesterday, during afternoon around 16:00, my battery status was at 60%, i wanted to check the manual settings of my Lumia Camera app, i took few photos (for about 5 minutes or so), the moment i started to change the shutter speed and clicked the photo, the phone went off. I tried to turn it on but it didnt turn on. I plugged my wall charger and it started to charge and eventually turned on the phone, the batter was at 01 - 02%. It happened again today. The moment i turned on the camera in manual settings, tried to take photo, from 73% to 0% in a second.

Does anyone have any idea about whats going on?

i am using Denim update and i heard in April 2016, there is going to be another update for some issues to be fixed.

Whats your idea?

Thanks in advance :)

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello Ahsan! The 1520 is still my favorite device as well! :D
I had a similar problem with my Lumia 810. What fixed it was getting a whole new battery for it; as for the 1520 and it's "non-removable" battery, it would take a lot more work and money. :( YouTube has some tutorials on it, and I'm sure eBay/Amazon has some decent replacement batteries. Another thing you could try is a hard reset. I don't think it'd fix it though.
The only other update that MIGHT be coming out soon? is Windows 10, which is even a little more battery hungry. Wish I could help more..!

ahsan_aa

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks a lot mate.

I've made some research on different forums fro. Different countries' users; almost everyone is having strange issues about the battery, if not same as mine.
Do you really think its a physical issue (since it happens only while messing around with Lumia camera app or just a bug which might be able to be fixed after an update or shall I downgrade my version (if its actually possible)?

Thanks again :)

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried using a different charger? No programs draining battery in the background?
And how old is your 1520? Anything after a couple years is at more of a risk of draining. I've had a phone work perfectly for three years, then the battery just stopped working altogether. Never turned on or anything until I got a new one. A hard reset wouldn't hurt to do, that way you can rule out more options.

ahsan_aa

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply mate.
I tried few different chargers but same stuff.
The device is almost a year old but I don't think its about battery since its performing well with all the stress on as I've earlier mentioned(GPS; 4G ; music and continuous usage of internet heavily) that's pretty heavy for any phone to discharge but my Lumia stands strong. But when using camera app; it just goes off in a second. I'm talking about big leap from 60% to 0%. :(

NokiLumia520

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
It's obviously a bad battery. Either go to service and pay them to change your battery or try formatting it.
How?
1.Charge it to 100%
2.Drain it 0%
3.Charge it all night

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Format is a hard reset, yes. :)
You should be able to type in Lumia Camera Beta in Bing/Google and download that, and also use it as your default camera!

NokiLumia520

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
No it isn't I didn't say format phone I said format battery. OP try those steps above if they don't work (which worked for me) I don't know what to tell you

ahsan_aa

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Guys thank you very much for all your support and your precious advises, i really appreciate that.
but i am sad to to tell you that while writing you back this morning, my screen went black .. and i guess its dead now :(

so i really dont know what to do :( totally our of moral :(

No it isn't I didn't say format phone I said format battery. OP try those steps above if they don't work (which worked for me) I don't know what to tell you

ahsan_aa

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi steve thanks for reply..

Bu t now i guess its way beyond the battery issue...

Screen is gone.. i can still use the digitizeri can hear it clicking and opening apps.. but display isnt coming anymore.. even if it comes its for 1 sec and with weird colors around and then it goes back to black.

I think there`s nothing else to do. :((((((((((

We've already told you what to do. It needs a new battery. Change it yourself using the YouTube guides, or take it to a service centre.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
It's obviously a bad battery. Either go to service and pay them to change your battery or try formatting it.
How?
1.Charge it to 100%
2.Drain it 0%
3.Charge it all night

You can get a new battery on line for 13 to 17 bucks. There are you tube videos that show you how to get the case open Its not hard. I think I need to do it myself. My 1520 will turn off because its critically low when its not

ahsan_aa

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
dude i am not really sure what actually happened,

i was writing you an answer via my lumia when it went off and i got so dishearted that i didnt really want to comment back. :/

today i paid 75$ to the repair guy, who told me to pick it up tomorrow, and when i asked for the gurantee, he told methere`s no gurantee.. :/

really frustrating , so i dont really know whats goin on... tomorrow i am gonna pickup my lumia 1520 with a new screen. hope it wont go black again

Goa_boy

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar issue. With the camera app. But I'm sure there's no problem with my battery as i rolled back to 8.1 and started getting 1.5-2 days of battery life. So I'm sure the problem's with windows 10 mobile. It doesn't seem to be optimized for Lumia 1520.

Posted from my Lumia 1520 high on Windows 10 Mobile

ahsan_aa

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I have a similar issue. With the camera app. But I'm sure there's no problem with my battery as i rolled back to 8.1 and started getting 1.5-2 days of battery life. So I'm sure the problem's with windows 10 mobile. It doesn't seem to be optimized for Lumia 1520.

Posted from my Lumia 1520 high on Windows 10 Mobile

Same here mate,

thats the whole issue, if i dont use the camera (Specially with flash) i can go with 82% of battery more than a day (with heave use of 3G, Music and internet browsing) But the moment I click 2-3 photos with flash on ... Boooom, phone turns off and have to put it on the charge for the next couple of hours to get it back again to 82 %.
Also its very strange that it doesn't charge more than 82%

I can purchase a new battery, but seriously does it worth trying, since everything is working fine except the camera with flash which flushes the whole battery to 2% and turns the phone off ? ? ? ?

Thanks in advance :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon