External Battery charger, what good are they if you have to plug into them?

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
External Battery charger

Greetings,
What good does owning an extra battery for my 640 if there is no way to charge the thing without being in the phone itself? Obviously, usb chargers will not connect to a bare battery!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: External Battery charger

Greetings,
What good does owning an extra battery for my 640 if there is no way to charge the thing without being in the phone itself? Obviously, usb chargers will not connect to a bare battery!

can you post specs and a photo?

WellingtonW

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site

Its useful if you don't want to have a USB battery pack hanging out of the phone when extending your battery time.

You could pick up a 640 with a damaged screen or similar to use as a battery charger. Most people don't bother, they just get a USB battery pack.

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Thank you,
Exactly what I was looking for!!!!
A removable battery is a big plus in my book. Having an extra "charged" battery just makes more sense than a usb charging power pack unit....

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Thank you,
A removable battery is a big plus in my book. Having an extra "charged" battery just makes more sense than a usb charging power pack unit....

Let us know what you get... Maybe a mini review in General Windows Phone Discussion Lounge... :)

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Thank you,

I have a universal cell phone battery charger myself, for the spare Lumia 640 battery that I have. It is rather handy to swap out and stay un-tethered to a cable while you keep going with your day.

However, I sometimes find myself working on something and using my phone when the battery gets low, and I can't afford to temporarily shut off the phone, like when I'm on a long conference call or the like. For those times, if I don't have access to electrical power or I'm needing to be on the move, I plug in a portable battery pack to keep it charged up, like when I'm doing some grocery shopping and my wife is on the phone, for example. I use a Bluetooth earpiece so I don't have to hold the phone to my ear with a cable. I keep a leather holster pouch for my phone on my belt, and a cable from that holster goes to the next holster on my belt with the power pack. Very convenient for those situations, which are not often, but do happen.

I have 2 spare batteries for the 640 that I keep charged, along with separate power packs to give extra power to my phone that add up to about 65,000mAh. If I go camping off the grid for 2 weeks, I'd still be okay as far as my phone charge goes. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softradix