Staying with my 928, will a back up 928 degrade from non use after a couple of years?

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Staying with my 928, have a question

I bought my first 928 outright 2 weeks after launch. It lasted 21/2 years and crapped out. It was the best and longest lasting smartphone I've owned. I bought a second one from Newegg this past October. They seem to be harder to find now, although at the moment Amazon has a few. Since Verizon has crap for WP lovers, I want to stick with a 928 until either they come out with a new premium phone or ATT has something better than either 950. I don't want to leave Verizon, so here's my question. If I buy another 928 for backup and I don't use it for a couple of years will anything degrade from just sitting?
Thanks in advance for any info!

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
You should be fine as long as it doesn't stay in humid, but battery might die. I have a Motorola A925, a brick, that I got as present back in ~2005. I didn't use it since 2009, and few months ago I tried turning it on, it does but battery doesn't last long

Last edited:

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Staying with my 928, have a question

Now that's some useful info! Thank you! I actually bought an Icon yesterday from Amazon. I think what I'll do is keep the 928 charged & use it for Pandora at work and whatever else I choose, including being a back up phone. Looking forward to getting an Icon! At least if MS ever releases a worthy WP10 OS the Icon can get it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon