1520 Screen Replacement What Am I Doing Wrong?!

bichaels

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Recently swapped my 1020 for a 1520 and was happy until I started getting the screen glitch problem. Have now gone through two replacement screens at about ?35 each which both seemed to work okay when I first put them in but after taking out and putting back in again all three screens are now no longer fully functional for touch. On the last two it is the same last inch or so at the bottom of the display including the hardware buttons which is no longer responsive.
Any idea what I'm doing that might cause this? Honestly I think I'm being pretty careful. Apart from maybe with the first screen when trying to take the battery off...
(Note reason for taking out 2nd screen was glitch came back so was trying some of the suggestions of covering exposed parts. Reason for taking out 3rd screen was that it was sticking out in the middle so didn't seem seated right though still don't know why it's doing this)

Not sure whether to even bother trying again now. A cheap upgrade from a 1020 to a 1520 is quickly escalating in cost and I don't even have a working phone to show for it anymore...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes