Why can't my Nokia Lumia 635 Update to Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why can't my Nokia Lumia 635 Update to windows 10

I bought the Nokia Lumia 635 last year, and I just found out I can upgrade it to Windows 10 mobile. But when I run the upgrade advisor it says I am not eligible. Did I buy a later model of the 635 or something?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why can't my Nokia Lumia 635 Update to windows 10

For the 635 with 512mb RAM, the only way to get windows 10 mobile currently, is by downloading the windows insider app and setting it to "slow ring". Officially your device will not be getting the windows 10 update. Here's the full list of supported w10m phones: Supported phones for Windows Insider Preview - Microsoft Windows

Also the windows insider app will only get you as far as Windows 10 Threshold builds. The newer Redstone builds are not available.

Sorry mate

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Charles Mickler

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why can't my Nokia Lumia 635 Update to windows 10

I have a Lumia 635 512MB which is on build 10586 but haven't received any updates since. According to posts I've read in the Feedback Hub on my PC, all the Windows phones except the 635 can update to the newest build which just became available today. The posts say there will be an update at a later date for the 635. I'm wondering why this is so, and when the upgrades will be available for the 635.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon