Lumia 830 Random Issues

ADabOfOppo

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
My 830 has some odd issues. It no longer lets me double-tap to wake up. It does not auto-dim at night unless the battery saver is active. My hot-keys rarely light up. The screen does not turn on when I get texts.

I have dropped it a couple times, I am generally very good with phones, but accidents happen. I am worried it is something with the hardware, but wanted to be sure.

Thanks

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried a hard reset to see if that helps, may be your only recourse to determine whether it is a software or hardware issue, I’m inclined to lean towards hardware here.

My 830 has had what I consider hardware issues from day one (poor sensitivity to touch, inconsistencies in operation, battery, wifi and so-on), hasn’t gotten any better no matter how many times I’ve reset it but on the other hand, hasn’t gotten any worse either.

ADabOfOppo

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I pull the battery or reset at least once a week, sometimes more than once a day.

I have not reset to factory and then restored my settings. I do not have another phone, so it needs to work.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I pull the battery or reset at least once a week, sometimes more than once a day.

I have not reset to factory and then restored my settings. I do not have another phone, so it needs to work.

A hard reset may be your only choice to find out what side of the fence you are on, do know it is a pain but if you backup your apps, settings, photos and text first then you should be able to restore back to what you had before, theoretically... In saying that, I haven't found that particular option in WM to be very good for quit some time in that all three of my phones usually fail to complete the backup process, in other words, if backup succeeds for you then the rest "should" materialize just fine and time to complete will be the most annoying part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes