Lumia 640 now number one Windows Phone in US

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It really does offer a solid experience for its category. Very cool, but I agree with the OP's statement.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I really think MS coordinates efforts as a phone reaches the end of production to sell them off dirt cheap. For one, I'm sure it helps offload inventory. But most importantly, the attractive price nets a couple of new users to the OS.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is good news or not.
Well it's not what you would call good news, as being the number one Windows Phone doesn't mean really mean much when you consider 1) It didn't really have any other Windows Phone competition to speak of (You can exclude the Lumia 950/XL due to being too expensive for most people) and 2) its discounted price makes it almost free when you consider you can easily spend far more on an average family meal when dining out!

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I bought one, just because it was an inexpensive opportunity to play with W10M. Now that I've done so, I'm more likely to consider a better W10M device in the future. On the whole, it's a nice little phone at an unbeatable price. As a marketing effort, it puts a Windows phone into as many hands as possible and puts people in a position to be pleasantly surprised.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I bought one, just because it was an inexpensive opportunity to play with W10M. Now that I've done so, I'm more likely to consider a better W10M device in the future. On the whole, it's a nice little phone at an unbeatable price. As a marketing effort, it puts a Windows phone into as many hands as possible and puts people in a position to be pleasantly surprised.

Yup, though Windows Phone has about as unknown future as BlackBerry. But hey, for $29 you can't go wrong.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Yup, though Windows Phone has about as unknown future as BlackBerry. But hey, for $29 you can't go wrong.
On the upside, a few big name universal Windows apps helps to create a coattail effect. It depends on whether apps get any traction on W10 tablets and hybrids. That's pretty uncertain, I admit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes