Should I update my Lumia 640 to Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I got this phone today, and I am wondering if I should update it to 10 or not.

Should I?

I am talking about how stable is windows 10 on mobile right now and so if it is worth upgrading, or should I just stick to 8.1?

RF8655

May 24, 2016
Visit site
From another thread addressing this issue for 8.1. Give it a try.

Turn off the phone, Once the phone is off, Hold the Volume down key then plug the charger (charger should be connected to the power source ",) Once you see the excalmation ( ! ), remove your finger from the button.
Then press the following keys in, Volume Up, Volume Down, Power Key and Volume down. The phone will turn on automatically, this may take several minutes and it will show two gears that are spinning just wait for it to finish.
One more thing all the files on the phone will be deleted but if you have a microsoft account on the phone, check people.live.com to check the contact lists that you have a Microsoft account on the phone.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I am getting an L640 tomorrow on Cricket for $29.99. I already have W10M on my 1gb L635. Does Tether-X or TetherIt work on your L640? That's what I need to know.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
What build are you using? Did you do a Reset after Upgrade?

FWIW, I'm driving my 640 daily with Release Ring and have few problems, none of which have proved un-solvable.

Yeah, I agree that it is a pretty solid build. I can't really tell if it makes pictures better or worse though. Aside from that, I'll keep my 640 on that ring.

RF8655

May 24, 2016
Visit site
My Windows 10 build 10586 (slow ring) no longer allows linked Outlook accounts. You have to select each account separately to view emails. The 10586 build thread said there were problems with that Outlook version and they pulled it back to the previous one, which lacks linked accounts capability. A disappointment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes