Broken screen - What should I do with my Lumia 930?

Alex130890

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I have a problem right now with my Lumia 930 and would like your thoughts about it.

Some time ago, my Lumia 930 fell on the floor and the screen broke. But I've been able to use it for 4 months with the broken screen.
I finally bought a new screen + frame on etradesupply and tried to install it.
I know I'm not a technician but I think I handled it quite well, I didn't need to insist to replace each part etc..
The problem is that the new screen lights on but the touch capacity doesn't work, I can't do anything with it. The phone runs, I hear vibrations, notifications and so on but no touch.
I tried to do the installation 2 or 3 times, everything was ok but still no touch, so I decided to put the old broken -but working- screen in place. And it doesn't work anymore either, same problem!
So I guess I must have damaged something on the motherboard in relation with the touch capacity...
I even went to a Nokia Repair Center, the guy didn't know what was wrong either. All he could do was order a new official screen from Nokia/Microsoft and see, but I didn't went back there for the moment.

What do you think it might be or I should do?

I thought about buying a 930 with a broken screen (for 40?) and put my new screen on it, but if I have the same problem...
Second option : my Lumia 930 is still under warranty , so I might try to install the new screen (etradesupply says it's an OEM screen so I hope no warranty problem) and send it to Microsoft...maybe?

Thanks for your help guys.

Alex

Last edited:

GJSmyth

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Was thinking about trying to do a similar repair myself in my Lumia 930 - glass intact after a drop but the LCD died!
I'm afraid of having a failed repair and bad experience.
Hope yours worked out ok in the end.

CharlieWade

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Did you just replace the glass screen or the entire LCD plus touch screen digitizer? It sounds like you should go ahead and buy a used one (not with a cracked screen) because your phone's warranty may have been voided once you started tampering with it. Also with the materials bought and time and effort put into repairing it you could've already had a used phone in your pocket. I replace my laptop screen a few years back and it was easy and cheap partly because it wasn't a touch screen. When I started looking into replacing a screen on an old LG I realized that buying a new touch screen was almost as much as what's on ebay. Look around locally for wireless repair store and they will probably buy the broken phone off you (and maybe the screen) for a fraction of the original retail price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon