When is Microsoft going to get the 950-XL to work with Verizon?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

when is Microsoft going to get the 950-XL to work with Verizon?

I have been using Window's phones with Verizon for as long as it was possible. Now I can't get a decent phone...still on the 928 and it is past it's prime. Microsoft what are you doing to your dedicated customers?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, not happening, at least with the 950 and 950 xl, you may be in luck with the HP phone coming out in a couple months. Though, if it doesn't, I wouldn't expect anything else in terms of Windows Phones on Verizon, sadly.

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Verizon uses different technology that requires different hardware. As a result it is a much bigger step to support Verizon than it is to support GSM carriers. Since most of the world uses GSM, it is more important for MS. While it has been reported that MS talked to Verizon about Verizon specific versions of these phones, apparently the business case did not work for either MS or Verizon.

<TED>

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Actually, Verizon is starting (or appears) to move towards more LTE, as CDMA is somewhat limiting in terms of data/voice concurrently.
Their current Verizon LTE phones come unlocked, but don't support the correct band/frequency combinations for good compatibility with AT&T and T-Mobile.
The same/inverse is true of the 950XL, unfortunately, I'd really like to be able to use Verizon LTE on my second SIM, but it's not going to happen with the the radios in the phone. I'm not sure it was business-case, or more along the lines of some sort of disagreement ;-]

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: when is Microsoft going to get the 950-XL to work with Verizon?

Verizon and CDMA are basically dead in the water right now. Nothing new announced and nothing in the leaked pipelines that's why I left for tmobile. U have more options with gsm phones

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes