1520 broken screen - way to operate it at all?

justinleedy

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Ok i have an interesting dilema. A buddy of mine gave me his 1520 with the screen cracked and the digitizer screwed up. the screen still turns on but the glass is cracked and won't accept any touches. i want to try and salvage a few things for him, whats app and such, and i think project my screen will work, however the only problem i have is pmj asks through the phone if i want to connect. i have no way to hit yes. the bottom buttons don't work, but volume, power and camera do. anyone know of a way to get the phone to accept the request?

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Since you can't select yes for the project my screen, i think the only thing to do is to buy a new screen + digitizer.

You might be able to use a bluetooth keyboard (if running at least WP8.1 update 2) but I don't know how you would set that up without using the touch screen.

pulkit10

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
If you can spare the cash ($50) go for the new screen, it'll take about an hour to replace and can be done pretty easily. Since it's out of warranty anyways, who cares if you screw it up?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon