The 950 worked out for me so well, that I upgraded to a 950XL. Now I have a question.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Found a 950XL for crazy cheap ($300)... but the first thing I do whenever I get a phone that should be under warranty is get it replaced... which would be awesome because SIM tray 1 isn't working.

Getting Surface replacement has never been difficult, same for Microsoft Band replacements... but I can't find such a way to replace Microsoft-branded Lumias though. Does Microsoft have such an easy-to-use portal for replacing phones?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Found a 950XL for crazy cheap ($300)... but the first thing I do whenever I get a phone that should be under warranty is get it replaced... which would be awesome because SIM tray 1 isn't working.

Getting Surface replacement has never been difficult, same for Microsoft Band replacements... but I can't find such a way to replace Microsoft-branded Lumias though. Does Microsoft have such an easy-to-use portal for replacing phones?

the same channels for replacing surface or band don't work?

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Somehow or another, it appears that the phone is out of warranty.

The seller mentioned nothing of this sim tray problem... so then I ask... should I even make a big deal of this, or just take my $370 savings and chill? I don't really need dual-SIM, tray 2 seems to have no problem accessing my LTE on cricket, and everything else is perfect. Looking at other eBay auctions and such, it doesn't appear I could've bought this phone for $300 without a cracked screen or account lock otherwise.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
can you goto a store? my 3g/4g radio's died on both sim1/2 on my 950XL... I showed them, proved them on another phone my sim was working and they swapped it without affecting my 1 year complete warranty. I told them I reset the phone and they took my word for it so I didn't have to sit there an wait out a phone reset.

If it's really a hardware problem like that, I think they will replace it.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Somehow or another, it appears that the phone is out of warranty.

The seller mentioned nothing of this sim tray problem... so then I ask... should I even make a big deal of this, or just take my $370 savings and chill? I don't really need dual-SIM, tray 2 seems to have no problem accessing my LTE on cricket, and everything else is perfect. Looking at other eBay auctions and such, it doesn't appear I could've bought this phone for $300 without a cracked screen or account lock otherwise.

how can the phone be out of warranty? It's been less than a year since they were released

Ntei

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
If you can replace it, do it. You do not know how this phone ended without warranty and there might be other problems that you do not know of at the moment. That's what I would do.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend get your money back and shop for another one. Basic rules in shopping electronics (new or used) - it must be in working order with all parts in place.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Whenever I've returned a band, three of them!!!, the warranty reboots to a full year. I have just checked my band 2 I got back last month and the warranty runs to next June. Most of the time a return only carries the balance. Maybe its different in the UK? Then again the consumer rights in the UK are amongst the best in the world.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I've returned a band, three of them!!!, the warranty reboots to a full year. I have just checked my band 2 I got back last month and the warranty runs to next June. Most of the time a return only carries the balance. Maybe its different in the UK? Then again the consumer rights in the UK are amongst the best in the world.

hmmm my band looks good until jan 7 2018!!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

There is a reason things cost more in the UK too... people complain about it often being the same in GPB as USD, but those warranties cost money... ;)

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
We don't have local taxes in the UK, only a single VAT rate that covers the whole country, prices of consumer goods everywhere are shown with tax included, and that price doesn't vary much from one end of the country to the other. With regard to the phone, though, you are entitled to return it for a full refund if it not as described, and in fact you can return it for any reason within 14 days, though, if you return it just because you've changed your mind, you'll likely have to cover the postage back to the seller. If it's faulty and/or not as described, the seller should cover these return costs as well as give you a full refund.

Just to qualify my statement about prices, prices (especially property) in London and the South East of England are very much higher than the rest of the country, but then the wages are higher too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon