Lumia 930 on Telstra Australia - Is everyone able to get Windows 10 Mobile at this time?

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I am asking this on behalf of my father-in-law in Australia with a Lumia 930 on Telstra and I am hoping for some first-hand knowledge from down under. I am based in the U.S. and have an unlocked Lumia 950 running production builds on Windows 10, so I am of little help to him.

My father-in-law has a Lumia 930 running on Telstra, that he had put into the Windows 10 Insider Program and he desperately wants to get it onto the production Windows 10 release, instead of being on the Fast, Slow, or Release Preview release of the Insider Program. However, he has never received notification that there is an official release available to him of Windows 10 Mobile on Telstra. Can anyone tell me if Windows 10 Mobile is available as a production release to Telstra Lumia 930's yet and, if so, tell me, step-by-step, what he would need to do to get his phone off of the Insider program to the production release? Is this something that will require a factory reset of the device?

Any help here would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
Bellyer

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I am asking this on behalf of my father-in-law in Australia with a Lumia 930 on Telstra and I am hoping for some first-hand knowledge from down under. I am based in the U.S. and have an unlocked Lumia 950 running production builds on Windows 10, so I am of little help to him.

My father-in-law has a Lumia 930 running on Telstra, that he had put into the Windows 10 Insider Program and he desperately wants to get it onto the production Windows 10 release, instead of being on the Fast, Slow, or Release Preview release of the Insider Program. However, he has never received notification that there is an official release available to him of Windows 10 Mobile on Telstra. Can anyone tell me if Windows 10 Mobile is available as a production release to Telstra Lumia 930's yet and, if so, tell me, step-by-step, what he would need to do to get his phone off of the Insider program to the production release? Is this something that will require a factory reset of the device?

Any help here would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
Bellyer

He should get the release preview, not the production! (Now they are the same)
Elsewhere you should try exiting program (3 dots -> Leave -> Confirm, then Uninstall Insider app), reboot the phone and download in Store the Upgrade Advisor.
But I can't ensure you that will work on your carrier. Better for him simply getting Release Preview, there's absolutely any risk (it previews official 3 / 5 days)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3