Need some help to remove my SIM

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
When I originally bought my 950XL I had to cut my current SIM card from micro to nano. But unfortunately my nano card is tiny bit too big - I can insert it into my SIM 1 slot without problem, however if I push it again it won't eject.

Now I am going to switch a provider, it is better for me to take it out (though I know there is SIM 2 slot available). Do you have any idea how can I even remove it? I don't mind destroying the card as long as my phone is not damaged, but there is almost no room to use a tweezer.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe the white alcohol might be a good idea for lubrication without corrosion.

The problem with cut down cards is that a mini or micro is actually thicker than a nano by 0.09mm and so the cut down card is thicker than what the slot is supposed to take. You may have jamming issues.

DO NOT force the card or you risk breaking the pins in the slot.

Sim Card Sizes - SIMSurprise.co.uk
Capture02.png

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
So get an actual nano card rather than doing some self modification :smile:

You can modify the SIM card all you want. If you know what you are doing!
If you do not know how or what needs to be done to your SIM card, watch a YouTube video.

Not only does the card need to be cut, it needs to be filed smooth on the edges and thinned down.
I used a Nano to Micro adapter to properly size my card, but it is still a tight fit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit