Lock Screen issue - WP8.1

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Lately the Bing background on my 640's lock screen fails to automatically update after 24 hours on Windows Phone 8.1. Consequently I'm stuck with the same background until I manually un-enable and then re-enable the Bing lock screen background in Settings.

Why is this happening? How can it be permanently fixed?

Any input is most welcome. Cheers in advance. :)

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
My home internet is FTTP at 100Mbps. The 640's wireless connection is getting a full signal on 802.11n 2.4Ghz. So yeah, definitely not that.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
WP 8.1 is slowly fading away.
Why don't you upgrade to W10M?

My reason for sticking with WP8.1 from the Lumia 640, 1 year later: Are you still using it? thread:

I like it. Everything works well. I'm in no hurry. Eventually I will upgrade, probably when it gets to the point where it hits critical mass for reduced app support. That said, I've upgraded our spare 635 to W10M so it's not like I'm deliberately missing out on anything. Prior to exchanging the 640 with the defective screen, I upgraded it to W10M and was mildly impressed with the general speed and performance improvements here and there, but I wasn't keen to upgrade permanently.

EDIT:
It also seemed a little bit slower in other instances too. This was back in June. Presumably things have gotten better...I hope. But like I said earlier, I'm in no hurry.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the double post. I searched the forum and found a few threads with similar complaints. From what I gather it's a WP8.1 bug that was fixed in W10M. How it switched on, no one can tell. Seems to be the luck of the draw. I suspect it might be third party apps that had access to the lock screen might have damaged the code for the Bing background lock screen. It's just an unsubstantiated theory.

Anyway there is an app called Lock Manager which has options to set the lockscreen however you like. From the limited posts I've read about it on here it seems to work - permanently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon