Setting the default camera app

Mick1965

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Recently Ive purchased the app Proshot and quite like it so I want to set it as the default camera app so itll load straight up when I press the camera button.
I've tried going into settings > Devices > default camera and the option is there to change the default camera app. Tap on the drop down box and all that is there is "camera".
What am I missing, as it seems as if there is no way to change it

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Recently Ive purchased the app Proshot and quite like it so I want to set it as the default camera app so itll load straight up when I press the camera button.
I've tried going into settings > Devices > default camera and the option is there to change the default camera app. Tap on the drop down box and all that is there is "camera".
What am I missing, as it seems as if there is no way to change it

It's a holdover from 8.x days when you could switch between Microsoft Camera and Lumia Camera.

I wish they would make it selectable.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It;s the same on my 1520, my Moly W5 and was the same on my 640 when I had that. It's an API that they are holding onto. It never did more than Camera or Lumia Camera near as I can tell... And Lumia Camera is no more in 10.

Microsoft needs to put in the Firmware fix to identify 3rd party camera apps and add them to the drop down. It was never open to Developers so far as I know, strictly an in-house piece of Lumia Firmware.

Myself, I'd like to have Camera360 Sight selected as default. Fast launch, fast point and shoot, fast shot-to-shot and full 16MP resolution jpg on my 1520 at 16:9. That's what you want there, the fastest camera app. Deploy and snap. FWIW, Microsoft Camera and ProShot are not my go-to when I want fast, but rather when I want DNG or to spend time composing the shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital