Cracked Screen (Yes...already smh)

Japanmanx3

May 29, 2014
Visit site
So Wired Headphones + Chair + Clumsy fingers = A nice, less than week old HP Elite X3 meeting my tiled floors smh. Now I have about 30% of the screen cracked and it's eating me alive. $862.......already cracked....ugh! Any tips on what to do now? Love the phone. Can't justify buying a brand new one for the screen alone just yet.... Please help!

Ryan Smith23

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Wow, dude. Condolences. Did you cry? I would have cried.

I wonder if there's even anyone out there that can fix the screen, considering it's so new. Have you talked to HP, to see how much they would charge to repair the phone?

Japanmanx3

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Ryan Smith23
Wow, dude. Condolences. Did you cry? I would have cried.

I wonder if there's even anyone out there that can fix the screen, considering it's so new. Have you talked to HP, to see how much they would charge to repair the phone?

I came close to it, no lie. But yeah I'm trying to got the HP route to see how much a repair would be. PM'd Zac to see what he did. Waiting to hear back (if ever).

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
sorry about what happened but didnt expect the gorilla glass to shatter in a single drop. How high was the drop?

Well Gorilla glass is no guarantee that it wont crack. I assume it fell on the edge. any phone wont survive even a 1-2 feet fall if the impact happens on the edge.
All the youtube videos showing the phones surviving the fall throw them flat on ground.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Well Gorilla glass is no guarantee that it wont crack. I assume it fell on the edge. any phone wont survive even a 1-2 feet fall if the impact happens on the edge.
All the youtube videos showing the phones surviving the fall throw them flat on ground.

i haven't seen the you tube videos but through my personal experience. While on a vacation at kasol i dropped my 730 couple of times of rocky land as it was a mountainside and each time it absorbed the shock. Maybe the OP was unlucky, but yes gorilla glass is not a guarantee that the display wont shatter . ;)

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
So Wired Headphones + Chair + Clumsy fingers = A nice, less than week old HP Elite X3 meeting my tiled floors smh. Now I have about 30% of the screen cracked and it's eating me alive. $862.......already cracked....ugh! Any tips on what to do now? Love the phone. Can't justify buying a brand new one for the screen alone just yet.... Please help!
Sorry for you. Did you had any protection, maybe phone or screen insurance?

It is still a nonsence how high-end phones crash, cracks so easy, sometimes it seems that they are less damage resistant then few smartphones generations back...
I would always recommend a high quality screen protector, not a scratch resistant, but a "fall" damage absorbing one, that cover all the screen only with minimal cut-outs, holes for speakers and such. But still, phone will vulnerable to a corner/edge falls, specially those high-end phones in metal bodies and housings, that bends and makes pressure on screen glass.

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I feel ya..... My 1520 screen cracked and I almost cried...

FYI You can get a HP 1 year warranty upgrade with ADP (Accidental Damage Protection--like if you drop it) for $99. HP Part Number: U9DW4E

I bet HP is going to be better to deal with then those third party phone insurance companies.

-m

DUITDale

May 29, 2014
Visit site
it may sound odd but I've gotten more life out of a couple of cracked phone screens this way - buy a $10 windshield repair kit from wherever you can scrounge one - Walmart, Target, local drugstore ...etc. - use it exactly as described ...when you peel off the curing strips and scrape away the excess with the razor blade ...follow that up with a microfiber cloth and you'll be amazed at how much improved it is ...thank me later but do it - Dale

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon