Gadgets app for X3?

slepr

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else miss the Gadgets app (formerly Device Hub)? I have two JBL Powerup speakers (home and work) and was able to name them via the gadgets app on my 950XL but went to download it and says it is not compatible with my device. Now I just have two listed under Bluetooth with same name.

jim dickson

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
i'm also missing the gadget app have 3 treasure tags that i cant connect although have tried through Bluetooth, was told could use them through bing, but bing seem incompatible with the x3 as well, will look at other options when i find time.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
The Nokia accessories only work on the Lumia phones, as far as I know. Don't know if there is any way to get them working with non-Nokia phones.
If you can get the XAP or AppX (WP8/W10 app file) for the app, you may be able to sideload it, but you'd have to search around for that. It's a bit of a hacky solution but that's the only possible way I can think of.

fgol

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I miss being able to launch an app when connecting with BT like Gadgets could do. When I had Android there was an events driven app Tasker that would do that as well as other handy things, like set the phone to silent when I'm at some location x,y, turn wifi on when I get home, etc. Anything like that in the Windows Mobile ecosystem?

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't think apps are able to adjust system volume. They can turn radios on and off though, and launch apps.
I don't know of an app that let's you schedule things like that, but if one exists, I'd love to know about it too.

brian_m85

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
I just got an HP Elite x3 and the Gadgets app installed from my backup. It would not load however. I tried to uninstall it and am now unable to reinstall it.

I miss it, it was a very useful app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon