Replacement screen for 920

Scott Barrett1

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
My daughter dropped her 920. She doesn't want to replace the phone, as she likes it. I see screens on Amazon or other places for sale, but wondered if there was a suggestion of a place to get a quality replacement.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I agree with the above. Although, I have gotten duds from those sellers. the good thing about ebay is that, if you get a dud, they'll give you a refund.

Not too hard to change.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I see a lot of glass/digitizer only, or LCD only. Are the two easily separable on a stock 920?

Yes they are, one of the few Lumias (maybe only Lumia) where that is the case. The digitizer is taped along the edges, so you can use a blow dryer and a tool, razor blade, etc to go along the edge and separate them.

Be careful not to scratch the LCD. I think you can sever the light cables at the bottom too, but I can't remember. I have a box with lots of 920 parts that I can look at it if need be.

If you scratch the LCD, you can end up with a blue line down the middle of it, or worse.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I found out earlier today with a guitar pick and a lot of patience. I have ordered a replacement digitizer/glass unit. The old one had a lot of scuffs and scratches, and that dreaded att logo in the corner. Luckily, I didn't damage anything.

The 520 also has them as separate parts.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I found out earlier today with a guitar pick and a lot of patience. I have ordered a replacement digitizer/glass unit. The old one had a lot of scuffs and scratches, and that dreaded att logo in the corner. Luckily, I didn't damage anything.

The 520 also has them as separate parts.

Strange. Back in the day (maybe 2013?) when I broke my lumia 920, I was able to purchase the complete lcd+digitzer. It was pretty easy to replace it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes