Random rebooting on Windows 10

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi

I have the Lumia 640 XL and it reboots randomly the OS build is 10.0.14393.693 it was doing it on the previous build too and was hoping this update would resolve the issue but not the case.

I have ascertained that it only does it whilst in the car cradle and not at home which just confuses matters more

Does anyone know if the Start Stop App will be available for Win 10 Mobile?

Any ideas were I should look

Thank you

LeonC1963

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi

I have the Lumia 640 XL and it reboots randomly the OS build is 10.0.14393.693 it was doing it on the previous build too and was hoping this update would resolve the issue but not the case.

I have ascertained that it only does it whilst in the car cradle and not at home which just confuses matters more

Does anyone know if the Start Stop App will be available for Win 10 Mobile?

Any ideas were I should look

Thank you

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Threads Merged.

User... Please do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

Have you tried a Hard Rest? Have you done one since getting on W10M?

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, 14393.639...I don't recall any restart issues.

Have you tried plugging into your computer for any firmware update?

Any chance on hard restart?

The restart app is for a much later build, 15007. It's located in the Settings > Apps.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 950 has been EXCEPTIONALLY terrible on the .693 build, which is saying A LOT for this cursed device. I just did a hard reset three weeks ago, setting everything up from scratch, and the thing runs worse than it ever has. It randomly rebooted itself twice today while just sitting on my desk, it did the same thing at least three times yesterday, not restarting itself one of those times might I add. On top of all this, performance seems worse than normal. W10M is a fricken comedy of errors except nobody's laughing. It really shouldn't be this hard to deliver decent software... At this point I've completely given up on Microsoft in the phone space.

joaoalbuquerque

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I also have this problem. Sent phone back 2 times. They changed the display in the first trip, and by the second trip, they returned the phone with "No Issues Found" on the report. Phone keeps randomly rebooting. Model RM-1045 (Lumia 640XL LTE Dual Sim).

brian770

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
my wife has had this problem NON-STOP for the last month, is using the latest build and nothing seems to help, has reset the phone 3 times and nobody seems to know whats causing it. it restarts 2-3 times a day for no reason, sometimes while she is talking to people, very frustrating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon