I may have hardware issue. What options do I have?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I bought this phone off Amazon and it wasn't from Microsoft. I used to believe it was an OS issue but I'm not so sure anymore. My GPS, particularly navigation, is awful. It doesn't work right half the time though multiple OS builds.

Is there anywhere I can send this to have it looked at? Is it possible for the GPS to malfunction due to hardware? It can find where I'm at generally and occasionally the gps/navigation works, bit sometimes it doesn't and I just can't afford to jeep using an unreliable gps. I need it.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I bought this phone off Amazon and it wasn't from Microsoft. I used to believe it was an OS issue but I'm not so sure anymore. My GPS, particularly navigation, is awful. It doesn't work right half the time though multiple OS builds.

Is there anywhere I can send this to have it looked at? Is it possible for the GPS to malfunction due to hardware? It can find where I'm at generally and occasionally the gps/navigation works, bit sometimes it doesn't and I just can't afford to jeep using an unreliable gps. I need it.

does the warranty still hold?

Does the location work with other apps? like when taking photos - are the photos geotagged correctly?

Or when using whatsapp to search and send location?

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

Updates do not fix problems.
You should try resetting the phone or loading a fresh OS using the Windows Device recovery Tool

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I've done a reset but I may try using the wdrt thing before I completely just give up hope.
Originally posted by T Moore
Originally Posted by DaveGx

Updates do not fix problems.
You should try resetting the phone or loading a fresh OS using the Windows Device recovery Tool

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Is Cellular Data turned on? I t greatly improves navigation. Also, If cellular data is off, then it needs a load of time to get a fix on ur signal, (can be 5-10 minutes, even more, depending on the weather conditions, obstacles and so on).
I dunno 4 ur habbits about turning on and off different services, but I surely recommend never turning off Location and Cellular Data just for this reason. When in roaming however, cellular data should be barred, not to have some big expenses, and also be prepared to wait a bit for the GPS signal.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Use one of the Gps test apps from the store which just show the position and accuracy. Don't use Maps, as it is often unreliable.

If the GPS test app shows correct position with maybe 10-20 m accuracy, then your hardware is ok.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Since most people dont have an issue, I guess its hardware. Which means, Im screwed. Cant send it in anywhere really. Ive used Windows Device Recovery Tool and that didnt help. It is odd though, I can use an old navigation app that hasnt been updated in years called Navigon, and that works, seemingly without issue. Yet the stock Maps app almost always takes forever to start working correctly which is just annoying and frustrating when you're driving.

At this point, I just hope new top of the line Android devices are announced soon. I cant deal with this anymore and Im not going to go buy a new WP device hoping it doesnt have issues, because if it does, it will likely not be something that will ever be fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2