Did I get a bad one?

beto molina

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
I'm just wondering if it is normal for the volume rocker button to be slightly loose, it rattles audibly if you move the phone around a bit. Also, and more concerning, battery life seems to have declined in the week and a couple of days or so I've had this device. an hour of Edge browsing or an hour of instagram depletes the battery 10-15 percent each, total of 20-30 percent. It is hard to judge it since I was not familiar with the device during the first day or so but my feeling is that the battery used to last significantly longer before now.
Thank you

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Yep. Mine too. The way it is assembled. I have owned two so far, both the same. Power button is snug volume slightly loose.

beto molina

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the information. I'm not so inclined to return it now. Hopefully, a larger sample of owners will chime in about their phones. 14 day return period is getting closer...I have some other questions so perhaps I'll make a post that is not dfevice specific.
Thank you again.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm just wondering if it is normal for the volume rocker button to be slightly loose, it rattles audibly if you move the phone around a bit. Also, and more concerning, battery life seems to have declined in the week and a couple of days or so I've had this device. an hour of Edge browsing or an hour of instagram depletes the battery 10-15 percent each, total of 20-30 percent. It is hard to judge it since I was not familiar with the device during the first day or so but my feeling is that the battery used to last significantly longer before now.
Thank you

Interesting. My volume rocker is as snug as the power button. No rattles at all. My battery life actually got better after the first week or so. Did you reset your phone?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I've had 2 of these and the fit & finish has been stellar on both. Mushy buttons are a no-go for me, I'd be returning it pronto. That can't be an isolated issue stemming from assembly, don't wait until you're out of warranty.

beto molina

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
I've had 2 of these and the fit & finish has been stellar on both. Mushy buttons are a no-go for me, I'd be returning it pronto. That can't be an isolated issue stemming from assembly, don't wait until you're out of warranty.

This is exactly the feeling I am leaning toward. If the build is sloppy in one area, it is possibly/probably sloppy somewhere else. I believe I'm swapping this out pronto. Hope the carrier store has one in stock.
Thank you

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Reading your post, I looked closely at my Idol 4S, and the volume buttons also rattle a bit when I shake the phone hard, but they otherwise don't seem loose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon