MicroSD card is not being discovered

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I just purchased the HP Elite X3 from my local Microsoft store yesterday. I noticed that my 128gig MicroSD card is not being recognized by the device. I cannot store any new downloads, pics, etc onto it. I have the latest updates and firmware installed.

I see in other posts that users are having a similar issue with their sim card. My sim card has been recognized and is working fine. It is just the MicroSD that is the issue.

Does anyone else have this issue? How was it resolved?

Thanks,

saloei

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Call HP support. Your problem could be the result of a defective sim/SD card tray. When I purchased my elite X3, I had a phone reboot in the middle of a call. I'd read before of this happening to someone and called HP tech support about it. The techs sent me a replacement sim/SD card tray. They stated the original had a design defect causing such problems mentioned. If I can remember, they'll ask for a number etched on the tray which is difficult to read with bare eyes. You'll need to have this information ready before you call. Use a magnifying glass or your phone's camera to take a close, clear picture of the tray where the number is located. Look closely and you'll see this number. HP tech support will ask you for this number to determine if you need a replacement tray. I received my tray within one day, didn't cost me anything extra, and I haven't had any more reboots during a call.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I just purchased the HP Elite X3 from my local Microsoft store yesterday. I noticed that my 128gig MicroSD card is not being recognized by the device. I cannot store any new downloads, pics, etc onto it. I have the latest updates and firmware installed.

I see in other posts that users are having a similar issue with their sim card. My sim card has been recognized and is working fine. It is just the MicroSD that is the issue.

Does anyone else have this issue? How was it resolved?

Thanks,

Dr. Nitun, I believe this is know issue with this unit, you might look at this thread and check if it offers you any help: http://forums.windowscentral.com/hp-elite-x3/448068-4.htm#post3647617

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Thank you all for your replies. I went ahead and ordered a new sim card tray from HP. Indeed it looks like the original trays had some issues in the design. Lets see if it works when it arrives this weekend.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

New sim tray came in this morning and still my ScanDisk Ultra 128gb card is no where to be found when looking at the storage app.

Any suggestions?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo