L950 screen - does this look right?

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I just received this L950 from Ebay to replace my 640 which can no longer update due to its limited storage, among other little annoying problems. The phone was listed as new, but this certainly looks like a screen protector has been added. (When I plugged it in to charge the battery it appeared like it hadn't been configured yet, but maybe it does the same when you reset the phone to factory defaults?) It's been probably over a year since I looked at a 950 in person, and all the images I see online appear to show a solid flat surface for the 950's display, so I'm thinking this doesn't look right. So has anyone obtained a new 950 with glass like this?

WP_20171215_08_17_54_Pro[29608].jpg

Last edited:

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
there is def a screen protector on there 100% and yes when you reset the device to factory it will appear that everything is new.. when you received the box did you notice if the seal was already opened?

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Yes, and there did not appear to be a seal on the box, broken or otherwise. Only paid $160 for it, so if it functions fine and comes with a free screen protector well then that's fine. (And I did opt for an added 2 yr Ebay warranty.) But wanted to check to make sure that there was not a generation of 950's that came from the factory looking like that before I call out the seller on it! Thanks.

Last edited:

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
So I was told by the seller that they add the screen protectors to all the phones when they unlock them. Well okay. Still have to transfer to a new sim to see if the phone is unlocked and works, but so far the phone is noticeably faster the my old 640 and the display is awesome.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
all 950 phones come/are factory unlocked... they don't have to unlock them... so they telling you they unlock them and put a screen protector is false... me thinks they buy them refurbished and sell them as new... anyways as long as you're not having troubles then that's what counts...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes