So the new Xbox.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to the reveal on the 21st to finally clear up what is rumour and what is fact, will also be good to actually see what the console is like. No offence to Sony but having a product launch without a product to actually show off just doesn't make sense. I think it will more than likely be scheduled for a holiday release to tie in nicely with Battlefield 4 and whatever the price is wont bother me as I'm planning to get one on release.

Not heard anything on touchscreen controllers though and I hope they don't change the format of the current controllers as I think they are pretty much perfect.

The Kinect 2.0 is what's really getting me excited though - I use Kinect a lot currently playing fitness games and using the voice controls for films and searches, its far from perfect but does the job intended pretty well. If they make it better then it can only be good for the developers making the games - its got so much promise but apart from a couple of games like fitness evolved and dance central the developers don't seem to have maximised what it can do.

The other rumoured things like always online don't bother me much either and having a Blu-ray player this time round would be good and would mean I could finally get rid of my current player and just have the one box for all my entertainment.

Bottom line is - I'm getting one on launch day and can't wait.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested mostly as a media-device to complete my Windows 8-ecosystem (Win 8 on PC, Win RT on Surface, WP8 on Lumia 920, don't own a console newer than gamecube). I'm not really interested in gaming on consoles cos I frankly see no point in that whatsoever compared to gaming on PC. But it's probably a tad expensive as mostly a media player and an ecosystem completer :p

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested mostly as a media-device to complete my Windows 8-ecosystem (Win 8 on PC, Win RT on Surface, WP8 on Lumia 920, don't own a console newer than gamecube). I'm not really interested in gaming on consoles cos I frankly see no point in that whatsoever compared to gaming on PC. But it's probably a tad expensive as mostly a media player and an ecosystem completer :p

I play all my games on console as I like my life - I went through a phase where I would play Dawn of war 2 and shogun 2 for hours and hours - would get home start playing about 9pm then suddenly its 4am - ended up selling my pc just to remove the temptation. The console games don't make me want to do that. I can hammer halo4 multiplayer for an hour or two and be quite happy - its one of the reasons why I don't mind that there are no really good RTS on xbox :eek:rly:

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
What do we all think about it. I mean like when it will come out, cost and the supposed touch screen controllers.

No touchscreen controllers. The controller will be almost identical to the current controller. I think you are getting confused with the Touchscreen Controller patent. That is for ALL tablet devices. The idea is for games on iOS, Android, and Windows to use that controller. The hidden plan for that patent is versatility.

Indie developers will be able to develop games like they currently do for the Windows Store. You can develop a game once for xbox and have it work on both the xbox AND tablets. On the xbox, the game will use the physical controller. On a tablet, the game will use the touchscreen controller UI. Hope this helped

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I hope MS is smart and basically puts WinRT on the next Xbox. Tablets and PC would get tons more games just from cross play and TV gets tons more apps. All gestures could be Kinect, voice, smart glass or touch panel driven. It makes too much sense.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure that Windows RT would be on XBOX. Well, not the complete interface anyway.

Windows RT has a primary touch based interface. That's what it's tailored for and what is most comfortable to use.

XBOX uses a controller, voice, and Kinect.

I do think it will have similarities to Windows RT. The interface will still use that Metro look.

Though now that I'm blabbering...you may have been talking about Windows RunTime, not Windows RT.

If that's the case, you're probably right

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just let Destiny be awesome.

Bungie set the bar for the Xbox and the Xbox360. I know its a multi format game this time around but please for the love of gaming let Destiny on the next Xbox be truly amazing.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I hope to see a complete rework of device interoperability and of core multi platform apps like smartglass, xbox music and video etc. Maybe those services might work properly and fill the Zune shaped void out there right now. Hardware wise I expect xbox to blow PS out of the water if only because they have had months to respond now. Kinevt is good but i don't want it to raise the price if the new console for too long. Interested to see what they will say about always online connections given the reaction of people recently, too.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I hope to see a complete rework of device interoperability and of core multi platform apps like smartglass, xbox music and video etc. Maybe those services might work properly and fill the Zune shaped void out there right now. Hardware wise I expect xbox to blow PS out of the water if only because they have had months to respond now. Kinevt is good but i don't want it to raise the price if the new console for too long. Interested to see what they will say about always online connections given the reaction of people recently, too.

Just letting you know, with this type of stuff there is no such thing as "time to respond". Whatever hardware is inside of each console was not influenced by each other in any way. A change in hardware would easily delay the development by a year. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077