Why I'm a Gamer and impressed with the Xbox One Unveiling

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Alot of people are really not thinking about this. Alot of non exclusive games are going to play on both consoles (PS4 & XBOX1) just as previous consoles and were still going to get exclusives (Halo, Forza, GOW) so why are people complaining? Microsoft wouldn't release a console that's power is so far behind the PS4. Microsoft did what they had to do today, differentiate themselves from the competition. Besides the controller, when I play MW3 on the Xbox, its the same on the PS3. This is a game console first and its gonna do that well. Now when you look at both systems in store, your gonna think which gives you the best bang for your buck and that's gonna be which console offer more than the other. Maybe I'm alone here, but I think they did EXACTLY what they needed, to show that they have MORE to offer.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you completely - that launch wasn't aimed at kids who like to post noob tube kills to social networking sites. The launched was aimed firmly at adults. The lack of games shown didn't bother me at all as I know like you that's what they will show off at E3. They showed off the tech that makes you want one as the centre of your living room.

The Kinect integration with the TV, smartphones and tablets blew me away. Did you notice how quick it reacted when he pulled out his 920? The input was almost instant.

The deal with EA sports is exciting too - they will push the games further using xbox one capabilities than what will be available on PS4.

That unveiling was just a taster of what's to come and to get all the non gaming capabilities out of the way. E3 has everyone in one place and I believe MS are preparing to blow the competition out of the water. Not just with graphics and the titles but with what the functions of the One will allow you to do with those games.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, the One can be "just another console" that runs most games and Halo. Instead Microsoft is going in the right direction by showing you it can do ALOT of other things INCLUDING running games. (Mind you I'm saying this and probably won't use 1/2 of its features seeing as I play 6 hours if Halo a day)

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
100% agree with the OP.

The games will come at E3, the fact they said they have 15 exclusives launching within a year and 8 are new IP's firmly reassured me this is still first and foremost a games console.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
This was aimed squarely at the 30+ club. You know those that have money to spend. let the kids have their iPad Minis.

So far the price rumors suggest $500 for the console's normal total cost. This is insanely cheap considering that the Xbox 360 and PS3 launched with the same prices.

This is affordable to anyone.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
The comments on other sites are getting ridiculous saying that Microsoft failed with the Xbox One because you can "talk to your Kinect, watch tv and Skype" then the user went on to say that he just "wants to play games" so he has no need for the Xbox One.

JUST PLAY GAMES if you want. If someone hands you a fully loaded car for the same price as a standard car, just take the fully loaded car. Whether you want to use the features now is irrelevant, but its always good to have options. People are so close minded...

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The comments on other sites are getting ridiculous saying that Microsoft failed with the Xbox One because you can "talk to your Kinect, watch tv and Skype" then the user went on to say that he just "wants to play games" so he has no need for the Xbox One.

JUST PLAY GAMES if you want. If someone hands you a fully loaded car for the same price as a standard car, just take the fully loaded car. Whether you want to use the features now is irrelevant, but its always good to have options. People are so close minded...

If I ever found out people I know in real life thought with the same mindset, I would cease to associate myself with them. That kind of stupidity is nothing I want to have to deal with.

I want to make an internet thread where people can try to propose valid arguments as to why the PS4 is better than the Xbox One. Then, I could update the original post with their argument followed by mine, ripping them to pieces.

With the power of the cloud, the Xbox One has TWICE the power of a PS4 at a minimum. How is there any logical argument that the PS4 is better for gaming!?...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If I ever found out people I know in real life thought with the same mindset, I would cease to associate myself with them. That kind of stupidity is nothing I want to have to deal with.

I want to make an internet thread where people can try to propose valid arguments as to why the PS4 is better than the Xbox One. Then, I could update the original post with their argument followed by mine, ripping them to pieces.

With the power of the cloud, the Xbox One has TWICE the power of a PS4 at a minimum. How is there any logical argument that the PS4 is better for gaming!?...

Think I would join you on that thread. You know I like to argue :wink:

With all the additional servers MS are providing - what was it 15000 for the 360 to 300,000 for the Xbox One? I'm really looking forward to what devs can do in terms of MMORPG's and the multiplayer match sizes for FPS games - too long has the 360 had to suffer 16 players max. Would love to see the next iteration of Halo and Battlefield 4 with 64 player multiplayer.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

With all the additional servers MS are providing - what was it 15000 for the 360 to 300,000 for the Xbox One? I'm really looking forward to what devs can do in terms of MMORPG's and the multiplayer match sizes for FPS games - too long has the 360 had to suffer 16 players max. Would love to see the next iteration of Halo and Battlefield 4 with 64 player multiplayer.

I think that 64 is a number that will be dwarfed.

Destiny is an open world universe on one cloud. Think of an mmorpg, like World of Warcraft, but without different realms. Players are not separated to different servers/worlds according to region or choice. I think we will see games where there are over 100 players on the screen at once.

With the Azure Cloud, it's areas of gaming like this (player count and scalability) that will make Xbox One unrivaled.

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't even know how they are going to get Destiny to run on the PS4, are bungie going to have to do all the grunt work themselves for servers etc seeing as PS doesn't have anything like what MSFT announced.

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

And with dedicated servers now for all online games there wont be anymore host leaving issues.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you completely - that launch wasn't aimed at kids who like to post noob tube kills to social networking sites. The launched was aimed firmly at adults. The lack of games shown didn't bother me at all as I know like you that's what they will show off at E3. They showed off the tech that makes you want one as the centre of your living room.

The Kinect integration with the TV, smartphones and tablets blew me away. Did you notice how quick it reacted when he pulled out his 920? The input was almost instant.

The deal with EA sports is exciting too - they will push the games further using xbox one capabilities than what will be available on PS4.

That unveiling was just a taster of what's to come and to get all the non gaming capabilities out of the way. E3 has everyone in one place and I believe MS are preparing to blow the competition out of the water. Not just with graphics and the titles but with what the functions of the One will allow you to do with those games.

Don't toot the EA horn just yet. They've canceled their last 3 installments of their NBA games, simply because they were too bad to sell. Actually, it might have only been 2, I think they completely skipped the 2012 circuit because they had nothing to offer.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't toot the EA horn just yet. They've canceled their last 3 installments of their NBA games, simply because they were too bad to sell. Actually, it might have only been 2, I think they completely skipped the 2012 circuit because they had nothing to offer.

Not a basketball fan im afraid so whether the last 2 or 3 games were rubbish doesn't matter FIFA and Madden im more interested in and have always been quality offerings from EA - Toot Toot :wink:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Not a basketball fan im afraid so whether the last 2 or 3 games were rubbish doesn't matter FIFA and Madden im more interested in and have always been quality offerings from EA - Toot Toot :wink:

I wouldn't know, as I hadn't bought an EA title in 5 years until yesterday, when I bought NBA Jam on my Lumia 920. Their Online Pass was the biggest mistake I've ever witnessed in gaming, and I refused to buy from them until they announced its demise a few days ago (which is why I bought NBA Jam). However, I can definitively say that I have played every Madden from 06-12, and the ONLY improvement I can say that was noticeable was the inclusion of Ultimate Team. The AI was still as dumb as ever in 12, and while I've not played 13 myself, I've heard from folks that 13 really wasn't a big step up. As for FIFA--I played the 06 World Cup one and no other. It was OK, but I'm American, and we just don't care about soccer here, so it ends up being no fun to play with a bunch of no-named athletes at a sport we never televise.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't know, as I hadn't bought an EA title in 5 years until yesterday, when I bought NBA Jam on my Lumia 920. Their Online Pass was the biggest mistake I've ever witnessed in gaming, and I refused to buy from them until they announced its demise a few days ago (which is why I bought NBA Jam). However, I can definitively say that I have played every Madden from 06-12, and the ONLY improvement I can say that was noticeable was the inclusion of Ultimate Team. The AI was still as dumb as ever in 12, and while I've not played 13 myself, I've heard from folks that 13 really wasn't a big step up. As for FIFA--I played the 06 World Cup one and no other. It was OK, but I'm American, and we just don't care about soccer here, so it ends up being no fun to play with a bunch of no-named athletes at a sport we never televise.

I give up... Your American so Americans don't care about soccer??

Courtney S

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

That's a pretty silly comment. You're saying most Americans don't like one of the best selling video game franchises? Uh, I don't think so. I knew more people who played fifa in college than Madden. And I have not played Madden since two console gens ago.

Odog4ever

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the kids with no money (and can't use Ebay) are crying over used games and old heads (30+) who have boxes of old video game in their basement are crying about no backwards compatibility. Yet both of these groups buy smart phone games which suffer from the same issues...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon