Kinect Sports delayed, spring 2014

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Official XBOX Magazine | Kinect Sports on Xbox One delayed

Since the X1 subforum has been pretty quiet lately, here's something, even if a bit bad news! :D

But it's probably for the better, they only get so many first impressions to show that the Kinect 2 is kickass and I think this is a great tool to show off the Kinect with in fe. Gamescom and other expos.

I'm not particulary interested in titles like this, but who knows! :D

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like it was supposed to be there from day one to show off it's capabilities and flaunt it's superiority over the competition. To not have something to show off the new Kinect at launch, since everyone has to buy it, seems pretty crazy.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
That probably was the intention indeed. They do intend to have playable demos at the major gaming expos to come though, so I guess that's something. But it also does seem that many other launch titles will more or less take use of Kinect, but obviously not as much as this game would've, since Kinect Sports was probably ALL about the Kinect.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I assume it is like the sports games that originally came with the Wii. Point is to show off what it can do. Maybe they do have another game that will accomplish the same thing at the beginning...

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
For my family, this is a real problem. The XB1 was for our family room and the kids were very excited about Kinect Sports. Now there isn't anything they are interested in at launch as they are bored of Skylanders and dance games. If MS doesn't have anything else family oriented to offer early on, I may cancel my preorder and wait until next Summer when Kinect Sports, Project Spark and Fantasia are ready to go. Crazy that MS is so unprepared for the next generation. Very little XB1 exclusive at launch now, especially from in-house studios. What a roller coaster ride this next generation has been. Good thing I have until mid-November to make up my mind.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I can understand your feelings at least due to your kids, personally I'm quite happy that some developers still have the decency to rather delay a product than churn out the terrible half-finished games that most games coming out nowadays seem to be.

That said, it might not be a bad idea to wait out till next summer or so anyways. At least by that would think that newer X1's will have any hardware kinks ironed out in newer batches, something like the 360 RRoD comes to mind.

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's just astonishing to think that MS is requiring Kinect with XB1 and the only use for it will be voice control at launch (disregarding a silly dance game). As much as I've enjoyed my Surface RT, I still find myself cursing at the thing on a regular basis because of the horribly designed/featured 1st party apps, and it will be at least 10 months since my purchase before 8.1 offers some improvements. Not sure I'm ready to do this all over again with XB1, and MS is not giving me any sense that they have their act together with XB1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit