Xbox One: Day One Patch

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Xbox One: almost unusable without Day One Patch

I thought it was said that you have to update it before you can play. The same goes for Ps4 right?
I do not think it is a big issue..most people will go online at the very moment of setting up their console.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Well, that's going to put the kybosh on those people who only want occasional (if at all) internet connection to their Xboxes.

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

Both consoles need a day one patch before being usable. This is just making a mountain out of a molehill.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

This has been known since they backtracked with the DRM, they said that first installation would still need internet connection to download the patch. I believe it' the same for PS4 except I heard you would still be able to play most games offline without the Day 1 patch.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

This has been known since they backtracked with the DRM, they said that first installation would still need internet connection to download the patch. I believe it' the same for PS4 except I heard you would still be able to play most games offline without the Day 1 patch.

PS4 is exactly the same for exactly the same reason as the xbox one. DRM removal.

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

What's the big deal? After you've bought your Xbox One, downloaded the update and away you go. I'm not seeing the problem here.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

I just opened the clickbait in hopes to actually have some interesting information, it is apparently now Microsoft's fault if your internet is down the second you get the new Xbox through the door.

The Xbox One for me is largely gonna be a paperweight if the internet goes out (happens maybe once a year), just like my PC is. Luckily though, I have my mobile internet on phone from another provider, so chances are both services wouldn't be down.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

I'd be upset if there wasn't a day-one patch. Means they hadn't done anything for several months.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The Day One patch is gonna be around 500mb for Xbox One.

Well, it might grow in size. That's the size of the patch at the moment as we learned from that dude who got his X1 accidently 2 weeks early. But that's the ballpark.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon