12-09-2013 04:14 AM
44 12
tools
    Don't bother..yet.

Pros
    You get the latest right now! so you can tell ppl about it and experience the VERY limited games
    Erm..that's it!

Cons
    Limited Games
    Hardware and software glitches
    Software not optimised, you are essentially paying a lot more to be their 'ginea pigs'
    Depending on the country you are in the TV guide (big USP) will not work in your country until 2014

Over the PS4 and Xbox i am definitely getting the Xbox - i had it on preorder and after looking at the issues, cancelled it and decided to wait (the same reason i waited until the Surface Pro 2came out) i wont die if i wait until the pros far out weigh the cons.

Having said all that i understand if you cant control the itch of wanting it now..many cant!
    Agreed. By all means if you have money spare (who has nowadays though?), buy it, else wait til next xmas. You've hung on to the 360 for 8 odd years (I assume), what is another year? :)
    12-03-2013 06:05 AM
    Heck, even waiting until Christmas is easy. There aren't really any great games coming in the near-future, so I'd say that if you can wait, wait until Titanfall. There might be a limited-edition console or a price drop or something.
    Great deal likes this.
    12-03-2013 11:33 AM
    I wouldn't expect a price drop until March of 2015 IMHO. Could be wrong tho, depends on how they sell until supply catches up with demand.
    12-03-2013 11:39 AM
    Pros
    You get the latest right now! so you can tell ppl about it and experience the VERY limited games
    Erm..that's it!

Cons
    Limited Games
    Hardware and software glitches
    Software not optimised, you are essentially paying a lot more to be their 'ginea pigs'
    Depending on the country you are in the TV guide (big USP) will not work in your country until 2014
    I agree with all these points. It's a very beta console at best right now. I encounter so many little bugs, glitches, freezes. But when it works it works beautifully. I think this console shows more promise personally in terms of features and content than the PS4 but it's just that we'll have to be patient to experience all of it. A handful of major updates should get this thing to do what it was promised to do.
    Great deal likes this.
    12-03-2013 11:46 AM
    Yes Indeed it was - In all honesty, sure Ryse for example is not 1080p but as I was playing my bro and cousin (both die hard and staunch playstation fans) commented how amazing the game looked. Enough to watch me actually play the game start to finish over the weekend. The first thing we all three commented was how amazing the lighting looked.

Also I played deadrising 3 for abit and the game just drew all of us in, to the point we all jumped when I got jumped by the first zombie haha. I am really excited what the games and experiences these next gen consoles will bring. Also you don't need to plug in the Kinect to start the x1, however you cant use the upload studio without it.
    12-03-2013 12:32 PM
    Yea, so far, it might be a wait.... Unless you have expendable cash(or screw you money as I call it) sitting around and MUST have it. The games are nice and no question even tho some in 720p, they are all (from what I have seen/played) much better in detail. It's a worty upgrade but, like others say, very limited titles right now, so if you see a few (3-4) that you want to play, then maybe because new games should be out in a few months and they should hold you off.

It's a nice system no question but, it's got it's bugs too...
    12-03-2013 02:20 PM
    Was it worth the wait?
    are you kidding me?
    It was worth every second
    12-03-2013 09:34 PM
    I really wouldn't expect price drops until late 2014 if even then. It seems that many markets might not be even seeing the Xbox One until halfway of 2014..
    12-05-2013 06:36 AM
    Xbox One is good, but terrible HW and SW quality. Wouldn't call it beta release, but let say pre-alpha :D
    12-05-2013 09:03 AM
    How can something be "good" but have terrible HW and SW quality?

What is good if the HW and SW is not? lol
    12-05-2013 09:34 AM
    In a nut shell, if you see 3-4 games you can't live with out, Grab one. If your meh to the release games or only really want 1 of them, Wait till there is about 3-5 titles you would like to play (as you will get board with the system very quicly when you run out of games to play)
    12-05-2013 10:27 AM
    In a nut shell, if you see 3-4 games you can't live with out, Grab one. If your meh to the release games or only really want 1 of them, Wait till there is about 3-5 titles you would like to play (as you will get board with the system very quickly when you run out of games to play)
    This very much. I have 2 games and im currently pretty bored with them both. I can play forza for about 1.5 hours, dont get me wrong it's a great game just can only race for so long. COD i max out at about 45 min. This game is just not fun on mode for any considerable amount of time.
    12-05-2013 11:06 AM
    I've gotten bored with Battlefield, but Forza I could play nonstop lol. It would be much more fun though if my friends would buy a dam Xbox One already. I have one person on my 99 person friends list with an Xbox One. I barely even know the kid!
    12-05-2013 11:31 AM
    Forbes says hold off. Good reading...Xbox One: Buy Now, Later, Or Never? - Forbes
    12-05-2013 12:02 PM
    Forbes says hold off. Good reading...Xbox One: Buy Now, Later, Or Never? - Forbes
    It isn't a great article. He brings up some nit-picky things - especially about the size of the console and the current game library.

Microsoft has shown that their systems don't stay the same and they will change (more than likely for the better - the 360 is an infinitely better game system and device now than what it was in 2005).

I'm also getting pretty tired of everyone talking about how the 'graphics aren't that much better than the 360/PS3 games.' You're right, they aren't all tapping into the power of these systems right now. But, again - go look at the first 360/PS3 games to come out. They look terrible compared to today. Seriously COD2 looks awful compared to COD:Ghosts. It amazes me what developers have been able to bring out of the 360 after 8 years, I can't wait to see what devs do with the One and PS4 in a few years...
    etad putta likes this.
    12-05-2013 01:01 PM
    I'm also amazed with what MS did with the 360, both in terms of software and capability as well as how games evolved over years. I really wanted to get myself a 360 the last year cos I was at my friends place often in awe at how much the 360 can do and how I would want one :D Decided to hold off for next-gen cos it was so late into that gen though.. Still waiting for my Xbox One though, no release date around here :P
    12-05-2013 03:43 PM
    How can something be "good" but have terrible HW and SW quality?
    What is good if the HW and SW is not? lol
    I mean, the console architecture is good and have big potential for the future, on the other hand SW/HW quality is not what I would expect from long awaiting next gen console release. It's year 2013 and not 2005.
    MS should learn from Apple. I am not Apple fan and don't use or like their products, but in my opinion, they can really benefit from momentum and build quality is solid. That is something MS still needs to learn, even after experience with Xbox 360 launch. There is minimum or none avilability worldwide at the moment and I expect not all people will be able to grab their console still before christmass. If I'd be MS chairman, that would worry me quite a bit.

I know I'm bit biased by fact I bought faulty device, but would you expect to have scratched console right out of the box? My device cannot be turned off, always freezes during turn off process.
    No need to speak about faulty fans and blueray drives, bricked consoles, faulty headsets/controllers, party chat not working, HDMI throuh not working, etc....
    If your Xbone is working perfectly and you don't mind many features are either missing or not working properly, fair play then, but personally I'd expect bit more...
    Last edited by minus365; 12-06-2013 at 03:49 AM.
    12-06-2013 03:33 AM
    I know I'm bit biased by fact I bought faulty device, but would you expect to have scratched console right out of the box? My device cannot be turned off, always freezes during turn off process.
    If you want to compare to Apple, wasn't there some "scandal" a couple of cycles ago where iPhones were showing up scratched upon delivery? Also, remember the security holes that iOS7 came with, so let's not treat Apple like the benevolent company of reliability.
    12-06-2013 02:31 PM
    i was trying to say that apple sold 9milion units over the launch weekend. xbox sold 1 milion units and it's sold out everywhere now. would MS sell 3times more if well stocked? i think so.
    12-09-2013 04:14 AM
44 12