Kinect HDMI CEC / IR Blasting?

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, I have a question that have been bugging the heck out of me since I setup my xbone. How does the Kinect control my Yamaha rx-2095 receiver? The xbone is connected to it via a toslink cable and the xbone is connected to my HDTV via a HDMI cable. The TV is CEC capable but I am not aware of CEC capability via a toslink. Also, the receiver faces the same direction as the Kinect and it is a couple feet off to the side so I don't see how it can control it using IR blasting but it does and it is bugging me because I don't understand how.

Does the Kinect fire off some IR ricochet trick shots, lol? Now don't get me wrong because my setup works flawlessly, even when my 4 year says, "Xbox On", it turns on the xbone, my TV, and my receiver but for curiosity sake, how does this work?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It basically shoots, aka blasts, IR signals all over the dang place and they bounce around and come back.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It basically shoots, aka blasts, IR signals all over the dang place and they bounce around and come back.
Wow, that is amazing because IR is often subjective to all kinds of interference problems even with straight line of site. My setup works fantastically, better than my old htpc media center setup with the ir usb dongle.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that is amazing because IR is often subjective to all kinds of interference problems even with straight line of site. My setup works fantastically, better than my old htpc media center setup with the ir usb dongle.

The amount of IR the new Kinect puts out is crazy. If you see it in person, you'll know what I mean. Honestly, I'd be very surprised if it *couldn't* reflect it off various surfaces.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon