05-18-2014 12:57 PM
32 12
tools
    Xbox Live's Major Nelson » Peggle 2 Drops onto Xbox One on Monday, PopCap Chats Today :

"Luckily" I don't even have an Xbox One yet, cos I feel after a game like this my fiancee would hog the console for the next month.. :D
    12-06-2013 12:59 PM
    Since I don't have the console, what I'm sorta more interested in as this is one the first Aracade-like titles, what will this game cost? I guess we find out soon!
    12-06-2013 02:26 PM
    Guess? $15-20.
    12-06-2013 02:33 PM
    I have heard of this game. But never looked into it. What is the game like and about?
    12-06-2013 02:34 PM
    I think I read some where that it'd sell for 11.99-12.99
    12-06-2013 02:34 PM
    Think of Plinko Machines with disappearing pegs and you're pretty close.

I have heard of this game. But never looked into it. What is the game like and about?
    12-06-2013 02:35 PM
    Xbox Live's Major Nelson » Peggle 2 Drops onto Xbox One on Monday, PopCap Chats Today :

"Luckily" I don't even have an Xbox One yet, cos I feel after a game like this my fiancee would hog the console for the next month.. :D
    I have a feeling I'm about to get mysterious, sudden visits from my mom and sister...
    12-06-2013 02:56 PM
    I don't know what's the pricing on XBLA games typically, personally I feel 20€ to be a bit on the high side.. 10-15€ could maybe be doable.. Then again, 20usd is 14€
    12-06-2013 03:18 PM
    It's gonna be 11,99 (USD i suppose), found this from a video from a dev that was showing the game.

Seems like a fair price, although I expect that to be also 11,99€ occasionally :D Although that's doable too..
    12-06-2013 04:10 PM
    I wish they had kept the XBLA type games separate on the One like they were on the 360. I also wish they had found a way to make the XBLA games on the 360 compatible on the One (along with cross-platform play, 360 to One). I prefer those types of games and there are so many good ones on 360!
    12-06-2013 10:39 PM
    Coip - just because they are digital on the 360 doesn't mean they'll work anywhere. They are built on entirely different architecture on the 360 than what the One is...

It'd be nice, but the One will soon have just as much of a robust library as the 360. Remember the 360 has had 8 years to build that vast plethora of games. The One just needs time.

We'll see how the integrated store works once there are some smaller games and indie games made available...
    12-07-2013 05:55 AM
    It'd be nice, but the One will soon have just as much of a robust library as the 360. Remember the 360 has had 8 years to build that vast plethora of games. The One just needs time.
    Sentence 2 is why Sentence 1 is false. The One's library won't come close to being as "robust" as the 360s for probably 8 years. I think what we're going to see this generation is fewer IPs and a lot more iterative releases, so it might be that 8 years of the One doesn't bring the level of depth and quality on the 360. You might have better games, but not as many. I'm just going to cover my ears and keep screaming "if Sony can offer streaming with GaiKai, Microsoft's Azure servers could be used for something similar!" There's really no excuse beyond "we don't want to."
    12-07-2013 12:40 PM
    What exactly is stopping from making an emulator that has been done for like.. decades on PC now? Especially when the consoles run familiar architecture too? Yes, the 360/whatever games arnt coded for this kind of hardware, thus emulate that kind of hardware in a sandbox, why reinvent the wheel?
    12-07-2013 01:23 PM
    As I said, it's a matter is "we don't want to." The original Xbox was an x86 machine. The Xbox 360 was PowerPC. The Xbox One is x86. The Xbox 360 had the emulation functionality in it to play over 300 of the games on the original Xbox, and still does. They can build it. They have the technology. they just choose not to do it, either because it's not a profitable endeavor (doing extra work on the new OS for the games they already sold can mean fewer game sales).

If they'd consider a GaiKai-like solution, they could AT LEAST offer those games digitally for a price. They could either charge per-game, or they could make it an all-you-can-eat subscription thing like GameFly/Netflix.
    12-07-2013 02:14 PM
    So.... who got it? :)
    12-09-2013 05:16 PM
    I did, not too bad. Had free credit on my MS account so i figured why not.

IDK if i would have spent 12 of my hard earned dollars on it.
    12-10-2013 04:43 PM
    I highly recommend this game to anyone with an Xbox One. Yes, it looks cute, but it's a huge amount of fun and really addictive.

Just awesome, and really polished bit of gaming history, well worth the pitifully small amount you have to pay.
    Raylz likes this.
    12-10-2013 05:12 PM
    I highly recommend this game to anyone with an Xbox One. Yes, it looks cute, but it's a huge amount of fun and really addictive.

Just awesome, and really polished bit of gaming history, well worth the pitifully small amount you have to pay.
    Is there much skill to it? It kind of looks like you just fire off a ball and watch what happens. What makes it so fun? I wish there was a demo. I'd like to try it out.
    12-12-2013 01:29 AM
    I've already played it for 40 minutes and it's so addictive! Great graphics and I love the use of music and Beethoven's 9th!
    12-12-2013 02:22 AM
    Is there much skill to it? It kind of looks like you just fire off a ball and watch what happens. What makes it so fun? I wish there was a demo. I'd like to try it out.
    It's one of those games that are easy to pick up, but difficult to master. It's a bit hard to go to detail about that, but very experienced players don't just "shoot a ball and see what happens" anymore :P
    12-12-2013 02:50 AM
    I'd say it's the same kind of skill/difficulty as Angry Birds. Anyone can pick it up and progress through the levels without too much difficulty. There's a fair amount of skill/luck involved in getting the optional challenges or getting some big scores.
    12-12-2013 03:41 AM
    I definitely feel like the skill level goes up with each round, it's very entertaining and a nice change of pace from violent games.
    12-12-2013 02:08 PM
    It's an arcade game, so you think you can just knock out a couple of levels for some quick fun and then move on to more serious stuff like DR3 or Forza. Then after you finally perfect those levels you realize you just lost an hour and now it's time to go to bed. Between Peggle 2 and Powerstar Golf, I'm woefully far behind on DR3, Forza and FIFA ... you know, the games I bought an X1 for LOL.
    coip and Mystictrust like this.
    12-13-2013 11:52 AM
    I wasn't going to purchase Peggle 2 for the Xbox One (I always felt it was a tablet game and not something I would play on my flat screen), but I went ahead and made the purchase anyway. The game is a ton of fun and looks great in crisp HD! You will shoot through the game quickly, but modes such as multiplayer make it a relaxing game for anytime you need to melt into the couch or bed.

If you are unsure about downloading the game, you can always check out the original Peggle at MSN! :)
    12-14-2013 03:35 AM
    I wasn't going to purchase Peggle 2 for the Xbox One (I always felt it was a tablet game and not something I would play on my flat screen), but I went ahead and made the purchase anyway. The game is a ton of fun and looks great in crisp HD! You will shoot through the game quickly, but modes such as multiplayer make it a relaxing game for anytime you need to melt into the couch or bed.

If you are unsure about downloading the game, you can always check out the original Peggle at MSN! :)
    Thanks! Playing the free version of the original Peggle was really helpful since the Xbox One version of Peggle 2 doesn't have a demo mode. From the link you provided I could play a 60-minute demo of Peggle. It's pretty fun. There is something strangely addicting about the combination of skill (aiming) and luck (of the bounce), plus the over-the-top colors and encore. Very nice.

By the way, what multiplayer modes are there in Peggle 2? Can my wife and I both sit on the couch together and play against each other?
    Last edited by coip; 12-15-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    12-15-2013 04:07 PM
32 12