Xbox One Keeps Getting Better – Product Updates Coming

There will be an update next Tuesday, and another one on March 4th to prepare for Titanfall.

2 updates in less then 30 days. Cant complain about that.
    Vallos likes this.
    02-05-2014 08:43 AM
    Xbox One Keeps Getting Better €“ Product Updates Coming

There will be an update next Tuesday, and another one on March 4th to prepare for Titanfall.

2 updates in less then 30 days. Cant complain about that.
    I guess it really depends on what they break in the process... With every update there is bugs, some so minor that you would never notice, others...well, twitter could be blowing up after one update.....
    02-05-2014 09:23 AM
    Yeah, the PS4's update broke parts of their system that they have to look into just recently...

I guess it really depends on what they break in the process... With every update there is bugs, some so minor that you would never notice, others...well, twitter could be blowing up after one update.....
    02-05-2014 09:26 AM
    Well that is the most cynical way of looking at it, but I guess u could be right.
    02-05-2014 09:27 AM
    Per Major Nelson's twitter feed - the XBOX One update for February is rolling out now...
    02-14-2014 03:29 PM
    My Xbox just did an update but I dont know what is different? Anyone know?
    02-14-2014 05:52 PM
    Storage space management, download queue management, on-screen battery indicator, ability to use USB keyboard.

Easy way to check if you actually got this update is to hit the home button on the controller. You should see the battery level indicator next to the clock.
    02-14-2014 06:19 PM
    Major Nelson also mentions that there is a tweak to the achievements too. They'll show the description in the notifications at the top of the home screen notification menu now...
    02-14-2014 07:43 PM
    Is there a way to force this update? Or do I just have to wait for it to be pushed to me?
    02-14-2014 07:51 PM
    I'm wondering too. I'm getting a sync error when I try to play games. Could this be because I'm not up to date, or do I have another issue?

Edit: Nevermind, hard shutdown fixed the problem.
    02-14-2014 09:13 PM
    Ugh. Update messed up my voice recognition.

I could turn on the XBOX with, "XBOX on" and voice works in games. However, no voice commands work in dashboard. When I say "XBOX" nothing happens. I use "XBOX go home", "XBOX go to (game or app) and "XBOX turn off" a lot so this is a bummer for me. Hopefully it's fixed soon.
    02-20-2014 02:32 AM
    Update was pretty poor.

Don't really see much difference. Battery indicator is useful, but thats about it.

I was hoping navigating achievements would be better, but its still ridiculously slow. Why do we need pretty videos and slow screens? I just want a fast scrolling list like the 360 had.
    02-20-2014 02:43 AM
    Ugh. Update messed up my voice recognition.

I could turn on the XBOX with, "XBOX on" and voice works in games. However, no voice commands work in dashboard. When I say "XBOX" nothing happens. I use "XBOX go home", "XBOX go to (game or app) and "XBOX turn off" a lot so this is a bummer for me. Hopefully it's fixed soon.
    Try recalibrating the Kinect?

Xbox On never really worked for me except with a really high pitched voice (so I wont use it), still seems to work, but the update broke the "Xbox, turn off - yes" command. Funny part is, it's the "yes" it refuses to recognize, everything else except that Xbox, On and the "yes" command in the turn off-command works perfectly.. should try recalibrating myself too, but I dont think its that when everything else works nearly 100%.
    02-20-2014 04:10 AM
    I had the same dilemma until I recalibrated.
    02-20-2014 10:39 AM
    I already did try recalibrating. I also did a complete shut down and unplugged it for the night for good measure.

It worked again for 1 day, then went back to the problems.

I know Kinect works because it can hear me in game. It's just the UI options appear to not be working.
    02-20-2014 01:15 PM