Xbox Live's Major Nelson ยป The Xbox One Media Remote :

Seems we're now getting a remote for use with Blu Ray.

(Now I just need 3D....)
    02-25-2014 09:35 PM
    That's cool. I'm sure a lot of people will like it.
    02-26-2014 12:54 AM
    My wife would really like it, though she is getting used to controlling DVDs with the controller... If this had a number pad on it? I'd buy it in a heartbeat (but I'd still not be able to access my DVR without my direcTV remote...)
    02-26-2014 10:06 AM
    I will definitely get this just for the "volume down" button, because that command does not work well when the volume is too loud. I currently keep out my controller to control the Xbox One, my TV set top box remote to watch my DVR, and my audio receiver remote to control the volume. The Xbox One media remote will allow me to simplify, especially when I'm not playing a game.
    02-26-2014 10:18 AM
    I'd really like them to update Smartglass to work better with the TV app! It needs to be as good as Smartglass for IE is (which I think is incredible!). Honestly if these app developers actually put some time into Smartglass, they could make some crazy awesome things! (Netflix included!)
    02-26-2014 10:24 AM
    I will definitely get this just for the "volume down" button, because that command does not work well when the volume is too loud. I currently keep out my controller to control the Xbox One, my TV set top box remote to watch my DVR, and my audio receiver remote to control the volume. The Xbox One media remote will allow me to simplify, especially when I'm not playing a game.
    Can your set top box remote not control your audio receiver? I have that setup through my DirecTV remote to control my Vizio sound bar... works like a charm. The only thing I need to use the Vizio remote for is to change settings or switch it on/off in night mode...
    02-26-2014 10:31 AM
    Exactly my situation as well. I'm definitely getting this remote.
    02-26-2014 01:22 PM
    Honestly I'll mainly be getting this for Blu-Ray usage, as most everything works with voice commands, except the blu-ray menu. XD
    02-27-2014 09:53 PM
    Does anybody know if this has been delayed?

In Amazon it went from a March 7th date to a notice about them trying to figure out when it would be shipping to not being available directly from Amazon anymore.
    03-10-2014 04:54 PM
    I got a shipping notification for it today. I ordered from microsoft store online.
    03-10-2014 05:18 PM
    Ah, so maybe it's just the stocking in third party stores.
    03-10-2014 09:14 PM
    My volume down command works oerfectly. Sounds like you may need to recalibrate
    03-11-2014 04:06 AM
    My volume down command works oerfectly. Sounds like you may need to recalibrate
    I think it sometimes depends on how loud the room/TV is. My husband tends to make things loud. I can't expect the Xbox to hear over my own voice if I can't. XD
    03-11-2014 09:33 PM
    The remote arrived yesterday. Works great! I like the fact that the buttons light up when the remote is moved. Perfect for watching movies or tv shows at night.
    03-12-2014 03:39 PM
    The remote arrived yesterday. Works great! I like the fact that the buttons light up when the remote is moved. Perfect for watching movies or tv shows at night.
    I didn't know the remote was released already. Cool.
    03-12-2014 03:59 PM
    My Amazon order is finally shipping today. Can't wait to have it. :D

As other people have mentioned I really wish it had a slide out keyboard.
    03-13-2014 09:33 AM
    The bonus is, the update to support the media remote also gave my Logitech Harmony the ability to control the xbox. ๐Ÿ‘

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk
    03-13-2014 01:36 PM
    I finally got this remote and it is horrible. It has a range of about 2 feet if I'm not standing directly in front of the Xbox One aiming the remote in a direction precisely perpendicular to the plane of the console with the media cabinet door open. I tried brand new batteries and it still performs very poorly. I'm sending it back.
    04-28-2014 06:48 PM
    Huh, my remote works very well and I have a fairly large family room. I just have to remind the family to point it at the Xbox and not the cable box/recevier, so I see what you are saying about pointing it fairly accurately toward the console. I just don't care for the design of the circular control for up, down, left, right -- there are buttons underneath it for each position, but because the control is flexible (rubber?) it is too easy for my thumb to fall into the gaps between the buttons.
    04-29-2014 10:32 AM