April patch preview?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I just got a system update for the Xbox One. I guess this would be a preview for the April patch

Here are the patch notes by Major Nelson:

Game and app saves and updates. A game save progress bar will show you the status of your game saves. You will also be able to easily tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.
Friends improvements. Notifications will be added to see when favorites and friends sign in to Xbox Live. This actually was one of the most frequently requested features from the first preview wave and we made it a priority to include it in the April update. Also, friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list. We?ll also add the ability to view friends? most popular apps.
Blu-ray 50 Hz video output support for content recorded at 50 Hz will resolve video playback issues some Xbox Live members in Europe are experiencing.
Kinect voice and motion improvements will continue to fine tune the quality and reliability of Xbox One commands.
Improved GameDVR video quality through compression algorithm improvements.
Updates to Xbox One device management to address issues controlling TVs, set top boxes, and receivers that our customers have reported.
New audio settings to tune how much volume is lowered when Kinect is used in communications.

Xbox Live's Major Nelson » Xbox One’s Next Wave of Features :

tatotiburon

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
i updated my console (xb_rel_1404.140313-2200) and i'm having some problems with the sound:

first, the sound mixer where i can ajust the volume sound of the snapped apps it's not working, no matter how i leave it it doesn't change anything and if i set the console in doubly digital i hear sometine a little noice watching tv or playing a game, like a buzz i don't know

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine updated yesterday morning, but I haven't seen any notifications for when my favorite friends come online. Perhaps I missed a setting somewhere...

iBandar

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine updated yesterday morning, but I haven't seen any notifications for when my favorite friends come online. Perhaps I missed a setting somewhere...

This time even the preview update will be updated in few days. And Online Friend notification should be coming in the next preview update patch.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
i updated my console (xb_rel_1404.140313-2200) and i'm having some problems with the sound:

first, the sound mixer where i can ajust the volume sound of the snapped apps it's not working, no matter how i leave it it doesn't change anything and if i set the console in doubly digital i hear sometine a little noice watching tv or playing a game, like a buzz i don't know

Try to re-update your controller.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I think the biggest change I've seen so far is that when you hit sign-in at the top of the notification bar (top left of home screen) it shows the profiles listed in alphabetical order according to the name attached to them (not the gamertag)

Before, it showed the Gold account first - then the accounts after it.

I have 3 accounts attached to my XBOX One. It used to be - Me, wife, daughter (with our names of course). Now it says - Daughter, wife, me.... Kind of annoying. But not that big of a deal...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I also have two of my friends before me in the sign-in screen who have logged in like twice at my place, sort of annoying. Should prioritize those who have this console set as their home console at the very least. Well, not that I use that window very often cos I use Kinect sign in, but still.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Any idea what's up, when I used "Xbox, record that" command twice today, both clips are without game audio. Clips from yesterday using same method have audio just fine. And it isnt just a bug with the console playback, as when I checked the clips through Smartglass, they were both audioless over there too.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Any idea what's up, when I used "Xbox, record that" command twice today, both clips are without game audio. Clips from yesterday using same method have audio just fine. And it isnt just a bug with the console playback, as when I checked the clips through Smartglass, they were both audioless over there too.

Power cycling helped, now I have audio again when I do "Xbox, record that". Obviously the clips from yesterday remain mute, but new clips work again

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I may have to do a power cycle too. Seems I've been caught with the xbox can't hear 'yes' when you tell it to turn off... Hmm...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3