08-30-2017 02:33 PM
505 1234 ...
tools
    Forza is 1080p, and a release title... I fail to see why this is still brought up?!

OP, wait until Halo then check the numbers ;)
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    #soon
    07-18-2014 07:17 PM
    The problem is you don't understand the difference between the core users of the Play Stations..

You don't realize that when both started out,the Play Stations were used for Home Theater and incorporated themselves nicely were as the Xbox didn't...

Do you think that all the millions of Play Station users are going to switch just because you want them too? Lol...lol...lol...that isn't happening regardless how much better you think it is...because for those who still use it like millions do...the Xbox fails on it's video output flaws with deinterlacing and judder,not to mention on regular DVD play back..The new PS4 isn't that much better..and steps down in this regard as compared to the PS3 too....both new boxes have issues with their streaming too from all reviews...

Actual game play is outstanding on both from what I have seen...so...if you are happy with your rig..enjoy it..and don't worry about what others have or which one sells more....that's just self defeating on your part...
    Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    I can 100% confirm from working previously in retail, only 1/20 people pat attention to issues like this. The only reason people know about tech issues with the hardware is the press and peers. Most of the press has NOT mentioned your issues, and even me as a techie haven't seen any of them.

The 1080p debate is bull. Both systems optimize the game greatly and while you can notice it, anyone who's about to spend $400 on a console won't make a decisions based on a few pixel. If the Xbox One was 720P or 1080P average and the PAY was 2k/UHD I can understand.

This is a useless debate. The press is making the PS4 seem like a like a legendary leap, when really it's barely ahead of the Xbox One.
    minus365 likes this.
    07-18-2014 10:42 PM
    This is a useless debate. The press is making the PS4 seem like a like a legendary leap, when really it's barely ahead of the Xbox One.
    People are also making this "issue" as if it was something new and unheard of. The thing just is that Microsoft isn't exactly media cool atm. It's just like with Apple and iPhones compared to WP. It's just "cool" to bash MS and it's cool to praise Apple. The same things that MS innovates are "useless niche features" and when Apple does it it's the best thing since sliced bread. There's much of the same going on. The situation is much better now, though, but it's also much like the image IE has. It was stained over a decade, it's hard to make peoplegive IE11 (which is great and only really shares the name with the old crap IEs) a real chance. MS didn't exactly play their cards right (or optionally Sony played the cards well against MS) with the console announcement and Xbox One still pays the price for that.

But I do think things are picking up, but in the end, PS4 is sorta seen as the "iPhone" of the consoles.
    07-19-2014 05:17 AM
    XB1 update gives 3d bluray support... Funny the ps4 cant do that.
    07-19-2014 05:34 AM
    PS4 was cheaper and more powerful.

Now, they are the same price and PS4 is still more powerful.

That's basically what it boils down to. most people don't even care about the TV features or Kinect.
    07-19-2014 03:01 PM
    XB1 update gives 3d bluray support... Funny the ps4 cant do that.
    Funny how there was a lot the ps3 could do the ps4 couldn't at launch. Really basic things too.

I'm more than happy with my xbox one
    07-19-2014 03:03 PM
    Funny how there was a lot the ps3 could do the ps4 couldn't at launch. Really basic things too.

I'm more than happy with my xbox one
    Well in all fairness the same goes for 360 and One.
    07-19-2014 03:51 PM
    Well in all fairness the same goes for 360 and One.
    I dunno the one had most of the features of the 360. PS4 dropped a heck of a lot from what the PS3 could do. I still have my PS3 as its still one of the best bluray players on the market.

However will sell once xbox one gets the next update.
    07-19-2014 04:22 PM
    Power is useless if you have no games that use it ;)

I'm just poking in this thread, I am happy both are doing well (XB1 is the best selling xbox full stop) as it all leads to a healthy games market.

I'm now waiting for MS to buy Crytek... that should make things interesting...
    07-19-2014 04:35 PM
    Ps4 is just a better gaming console. Most people that buy a console do it to play games not that crap Microsoft thinks people want to do.
    smoledman and uopjo6 like this.
    07-19-2014 04:44 PM
    There is something to the idea of being on the winning platform. It provides an adrenaline rush of confidence as well as justifying your purchase.
    07-19-2014 05:05 PM
    Ps4 is just a better gaming console. Most people that buy a console do it to play games not that crap Microsoft thinks people want to do.
    I disagree, xboxleads the way in the console multiplayer market. The online experience is far more ccomplete than the PlayStation.
    The PS4 maybe selling well now but its not even the first year. MS can easily gain back users.
    Jimmy Jangle likes this.
    07-19-2014 05:41 PM
    That's for the majority of.25 and under. Most people 25 and up are getting an Xbox One for the living room. Also, Xbox is gonna have the most multiplayer focused fan base once holidays come around as well. Its just how it is, last gen the PAY was more powerful as well and the same thing happened. The PAY is really just a single player box for games to look great on, no real multiplayer games to set it apart though.
    07-19-2014 06:13 PM
    The playstation 3 was more powerful than the xbox however it was hard to program games which is why devs didn't like it too much. With the ps4 Sony have made it very easy to program hence the devs will be more likely to work with the Ps than xbox.
    07-19-2014 07:24 PM
    Right, except that the Xbox One has more exclusive games, a better online network on which to play them, and a console OS with more features that complement gameplay. Except for all that. Also known as 'everything except for minute graphical advantages'.
    07-19-2014 07:55 PM
    #firstworldproblems
    Crasstoe and DavidinCT like this.
    07-19-2014 07:58 PM
    Im sure at the end of the day, both consoles will be neck and neck and it'll be the same as last Gen. Folks will pick the console that has the exclusives they want and those in the middle will pick the one that gives then the most bang for their buck.
    07-19-2014 07:59 PM
    Right, except that the Xbox One has more exclusive games, a better online network on which to play them, and a console OS with more features that complement gameplay. Except for all that. Also known as 'everything except for minute graphical advantages'.
    I suspect that most PS4 users don't care about online gaming, but do care about powerful graphics and more interesting games outside of the FPS-area.
    07-20-2014 12:43 AM
    Lol!
    People are more intelligent.
    They will buy what suits their need better.

So, PS 4 suits their need better than Xbox one or it is more attractive than Xbox that is why it sells more.
    Just like you think Xbox is better and offer better game....ps4 users think same about ps4.
    Are you upset that about why ps4 users think that way or what?
    Flagz likes this.
    07-20-2014 01:02 AM
    I suspect that most PS4 users don't care about online gaming, but do care about powerful graphics and more interesting games outside of the FPS-area.
    There's more to multiplayer than the "FPS-area" lol.
    D M C likes this.
    07-20-2014 03:48 AM
    There's more to multiplayer than the "FPS-area" lol.
    Yeah I know that, but XB1 has a bigger reputation for catering to FPS, while PS4 has more quirky games and anime-style adventure games. Also Littlebigplanet which is unique.
    07-20-2014 04:55 AM
    Yeah I know that, but XB1 has a bigger reputation for catering to FPS, while PS4 has more quirky games and anime-style adventure games. Also Littlebigplanet which is unique.
    Dead Rising? Forza? Ryse? Sunset Overdrive? Project Spark? Crackdown? Fable? Phantom Dust? Quantum Break?

Yep. My collections gonna look weak.
    thatuxguy, Crasstoe, D M C and 1 others like this.
    07-20-2014 05:15 AM
    Project Spark knocks LBP for six any day of the week.

Can't wait for the full game to come out - which will be free to download and play digitally! Good guy MS for making the digital copy free and the morons that complain about DRM pay for a physical copy.
    thatuxguy and coip like this.
    07-20-2014 05:53 AM
    Project Spark knocks LBP for six any day of the week.

Can't wait for the full game to come out - which will be free to download and play digitally! Good guy MS for making the digital copy free and the morons that complain about DRM pay for a physical copy.
    I'm still a fan of MS original plan for xbox in regards to digital downloads and games.
    07-20-2014 06:14 AM
    I'm still a fan of MS original plan for xbox in regards to digital downloads and games.
    I was HIGHLY disappointed when they did the whole switch back to the "Old" way. I was excited for the vision is the future.
    07-20-2014 06:58 AM
505 1234 ...