Looking for three games

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
So I have my Xbox One, I didn't buy it for games as I am not a big games player, BUT it seems a shame not to play the odd game now and then.

I have Titanfall but it's not really my sort of game, too much rushing about, don't mind shooting games but prefer a sedate way of doing it. not massively into multiplayer games either, I also want a spread of games, so I have come up with two so far.

Sniper Elite 3 and am considering Forza as a driving game, so I am now only really looking for a third, maybe something a bit different to the other two.

I have a Gold subscription so I can get access to some free games. Any suggestions for the third game or suggestions for alternatives to the other two.

Bob

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
This isn't really the place to ask this kind of question, but I'll answer nevertheless. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Fantastic and absolutely GORGEOUS open world game. Massive world, fantastic naval battles and extremely in depth.(But you'll find the odd jaguar that has mental issues)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll vote against Black Flag, only because it doesn't sound like you've played the others in the series. Instead, I'd say that Tomb Raider has a similar style of play, and has gotten high marks. It's something of a franchise reboot, meaning there's no story to catch up on or anything. I guess it just depends on the types of games you like. If you like sports games, the annual basketball, hockey, soccer, and football franchises are about to get refreshed, and The Golf Club looks like a big jump forward in the golf game scene. You've also got Diablo III close to release, if you like those games.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
You really don't have to know anything about the other games to play Black Flag, the story is not really connected to anything else.
Also, I personally wasn't a fan of Tomb Raider, just because I know the old games and the new game disgusted me in that aspect. By itself it might've been an okay game but because of the name on the title...it was a big disappointment to want a puzzle exploration game and get a third person shooter that looks like it was directed by a 14 year old(the camera constantly looks down her shirt).
Diablo III might be really good. The old ones were.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Tomb Raider keeps getting so much praise, but I've totally skipped it so far.. maybe I hope for it to come to GWG or on a good sale again. It was on a good sale but I didnt go for it back then.

How about local co op? Do you have another controller or friends/family to play with? Something like PvZ: Garden Warfare or Trials Fusion probably offer pretty good value with couch co-op.

Or you could get EA Access, for 30$/year you get 4 games right now, BF4, Peggle 2, FIFA 14, Madden 25. Most likely there will be more games out during this year too. Problem is you need preview invite for it while it's still in beta. That isn't the challenging part as most of us here could invite you, but I'm not sur if you get the EA Access code sent to you at this point anymore.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
In the past I have played games with my children on various devices like CDi player, PlayStation 2 and some computer games.

I did like Medal of Honour "Underground" and then some other MoH games, Command and Conquer and Age of Empires, and used to play with me lad on Grand Theft Auto all pretty old stuff.

This afternoon whilst taking a break from setting up Xbox Music I had a shot on the free game Strike suit Zero. As mentioned I am not really after online games, would rather suit myself as to how many times I get killed or take my time and I am after a spread of a few games that show off what the Xbox One can do.

My lad says there is a GTA game coming out later on in the year so could wait for that as my third game if I go with the Sniper and Forza ones.

Cheers for the answers and sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

Bob

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
GTA V is out on the One sometime in the fall, yes. I've never personally cared for the series, but if you like that stuff, another option could be Watch Dogs, which also carries that open-world, "play your own way" manner of gameplay. However, it has something of a forced online component, so you might not care for that.

Oh, and if you want a shooter, I'd consider waiting until the Halo collection releases, if for no other reason than you get 4 games (meaning 4 campaigns) for $60. That' November 11th, and I can say for sure that Forza 5 has enough to do to last for 2-3 months.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Watch dogs online component can be turned off though, but it's on by default and somewhat invasive if you don't enjoy that stuff

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Tomb Raider sounds perfect for you. It's an excellent reboot to the series and one of the best Single Player games I've played in the last few years.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Watch dogs online component can be turned off though, but it's on by default and somewhat invasive if you don't enjoy that stuff

Yea found that out last night wile I was playing, was hunting something down and I must of "OK'ed" something, I found myself in a multi player game and when I came back into my single player game, I lost my spot.....

It was annoying...

Tomb Raider sounds perfect for you. It's an excellent reboot to the series and one of the best Single Player games I've played in the last few years.

Tomb Raider, epic game, played through it on the 360 when first released. I've heard it looks great on the Xbox one.... Worthy game to play if you have not played it...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm waiting to find it for a decent price. It's a bit of an older game, so spending $30-40 on it just isn't worth it, IMO. I'd probably beat it pretty quickly, so I'm waiting for it to drop under $25.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Popped into a game exchange shop earlier and bought sniper elite three, so I have purchased my first XB1 game (Titanfall came with the box and its far to strenuousness for me), unfortunately I am still at work for a few more hours so I wont get a chance to test it out till the morning.

Plenty of time to get the other games.

Bob

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You guys still have a Game Xchange? Ours closed a few years ago, so now there's nowhere to buy games for the older consoles (N64 and such). All we have is Disc Replay, and it's BAD.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I used the term as a generic name, no idea what the shop was actually called :smile:

Its 2am here so off to bed for me and I can see what this game is like in about 7 hours.

Bob

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You guys still have a Game Xchange? Ours closed a few years ago, so now there's nowhere to buy games for the older consoles (N64 and such). All we have is Disc Replay, and it's BAD.

I've got two local shops here with TONS of old games called Disc Traders and Game Hits. Those places are awesome in Lansing, MI :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon