What is ONE Xbox Live feature we still don't have that you really wish we did?

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Forget features, the need to invest in making games that will get people to invest in their system. I know it means spending more money, but that's an investment that will help them grow and it'll help gaming too.

If they can get that sorted there are many missing features.
As far as UWP, these are some of the reason I try to stay away from it. They need to support steam controllers and other controllers like what steam does, they need family sharing, refund, support modding like on steam, can't use software like fraps. Great deals like what they do on steam.

Regarding Xbox one, I would say refund, remote play, VR, mouse & KB control, being able to change internal HD.
I must have missed some other stuff but it's not bad as it is...

romaink

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting for the XBox One to be a Miracast receiver so that I can project my Surface onto my TV via the XBox without using some external dongle. Windows 10 PCs can be a receiver. Why can't the XBox One do the same since it is running Windows 10 as well? Why didn't the "Wireless Display" app ever ship?

This +10.
This actually worked in beta before the last major update.
They broke functionality of the wireless display app and ignored it until we forgot, or so they thought.

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
This +10.
This actually worked in beta before the last major update.
They broke functionality of the wireless display app and ignored it until we forgot, or so they thought.

Add that one to my list too. I don't understand why there hasn't been a wireless screen sharing app before now. I know there IS one, but it's only for people who are in the Xbox preview program, which I am not, and apparently it doesn't even work.

Younes Mirzaie

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
So Microsoft has been adding tons of new features to Xbox Live over time, we now have Arena tournaments and custom gamerpics, to name just a couple.

However, there's still tons of features that PSN and Steam and other gaming platforms have that Xbox Live is still missing. What are some of your biggest feature requests?

For me, I really want to see gifting and wishlists hit Xbox Live, they could throw in basket purchasing too so we don't have to go around individually selecting different movies/games during sales etc. What do you think?

Being able to play a game that has an updated in progress, even if Xbox finds out that the game has received an update, you are forced to update it. I know some games *might* show ready to start at some point during the update but that's not a solution. It's really frustrating if you don't care about the online futures of the game. People with slow connection know what I mean.

chrisphotog

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
I wish there was cross-platform play. As great as it would be to convince all PC, PS, and XB users to stick to one. I wish we weren't as limited and could play with everyone.

MCFreakReturns

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
1. Sleep Timer/Alarm that turns off your xbox even while streaming etc.
2. Add extra controlls to the DVR. Fast Forward and Rewind would be a great start. Plus add the option to instantly upload to One Drive.
3. Re think the add friend formula. A friend request system would be better, easier and safer.
4. The option to edit the UI/Dashboard more. Hide certain tabs, Options etc.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
USB Webcam support so I can use Cortana and Skype. Huge feature gap not supporting audio or video devices. Cortana and Skype are both useless right now.

Jonathan Pavlik

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER EXTENDER. You know...the fancy new technology they got to work 12 years ago. I want to watch, record and pause TV please. I'm going to have my XBOX 360 longer than any other XBOX console.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes