Zune background art?

Desdemona

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi all
I currently own a Samsung Omnia 7. I also own a Zune HD. I knew from beforehand that the zune player updates metadata information automatically to provide us with those gorgeous background artist displays.
The problem? My WP7 doesn't. Atleast till now. I haven't had it for a long time, maybe just a week, and was hoping that sooner or later it will all turn up, but zilch till now!
What could be the reason? Could it be the device's fault? (Please no:(..!)
I also understand that sometimes, some obscure artists never end up showing on the metadata, but even popular ones, like Eminem, Alicia Keys are not turning up. I have my ID3 tags meticulously arranged so I don't think the problem lies there too.
Help Please!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Are you in a country with access to Zune? My art did not show up the first time till I streamed something from Zune, even a 30 second preview track. That would at least confirm all is well.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Desdemona

May 24, 2011
Visit site
U mean when ur playing music or what? I'm confused haha

Lol,yeah, I can assume it does sound a bit confusing, and yeah, I mean when I am playing music. Lets say I play a song by linkin park, so we have the album art and the toggles, and then we have the "background image" of the artist. For me, be it any artist, its just not showing up:(

Desdemona

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I am in Australia. The zune pass is not supported here, but everything else is. I have had a zune hd for a long time now, and did not face any problems with that. Thats why am confused.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
So when ur playing music is there supposed to have a background pic of them while the music playing? Or like a screensaver like on the Zune hd? Or what? Lol

Sent from my htc trophy using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So when ur playing music is there supposed to have a background pic of them while the music playing? Or like a screensaver like on the Zune hd? Or what? Lol

He just mean the background picture that appears on the player and live title. Make sure you are connected to 3G or Wifi TC. If you have a weak connection the picture will not download.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Why doesn't wp7 have that screensaver the Zune had, that was so sweet when music was playing

Desdemona

May 24, 2011
Visit site
He just mean the background picture that appears on the player and live title. Make sure you are connected to 3G or Wifi TC. If you have a weak connection the picture will not download.

I tried that too. am always connected to wifi at my home. I just cant seem to place my finger on why this is happening..

aapold

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I kept wanting to edit them on my Zune HD, having been upset at the images they used. I asked this question awhile back on zunerama and got the following response. The images are kept by the zune software in:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Zune\Art Cache

(on windows 7... probably C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\.... for xp...)

However, the guy who identified this noted the images are registered to the artist in a zunestore.sdf database. So all you could do is swap out an image with another one (keepign the name and size the same) but you couldn't add one to an artist that didn't get one. He also mentioned the zunestore.sdf database was kept in

\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Zune

but said this was not something that could be edited. I don't know if anyone has cracked this. But it would be worth checking at least to see if images are being kept there.

Again caveat this was all for Zune HD, don't know if it applies at all to WP7.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Why doesn't wp7 have that screensaver the Zune had, that was so sweet when music was playing

Probably because of battery concerns. Mango does have the picture as a screensaver but is not multiple pictures with cool grandients and artist information that Zune has on PC and Xbox.

aapold

May 27, 2011
Visit site
The logical thing would be to have the screensaver, but use it when connected to power only. Or better yet let you control when to use it, based on power situation/setting.

aapold

May 27, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't used SmartDJ before it is actually really cool. That, coupled with the freedom to download whatever you want from zunepass is a great way to discover new music. Its kind of a philosophy thing, the itunes model steers you into the same stuff you already like, where you have to be careful what you buy because it is a purchase, while zune encourages you to try stuff. If you don't like it, hey, you tried it and move on.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm just loving my Zune pass. It's the trial but I haven't used my Ipod since and just rock my Zune music on my Xbox ( at this very moment is on ). I'm gonna miss it.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm just loving my Zune pass. It's the trial but I haven't used my Ipod since and just rock my Zune music on my Xbox ( at this very moment is on ). I'm gonna miss it.

I agree Winterfang, Zune Pass is amazing, i'm onto my 3rd monthtly treat. I originally just treated myself to a month to see if I would like or use it. (Cheap ebay codes)

Don't think i can do without it now to be honest. So handy streaming on the Xbox and your mobile.

VelJharig

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I am in Australia. The zune pass is not supported here, but everything else is. I have had a zune hd for a long time now, and did not face any problems with that. Thats why am confused.

Desdemona, I don't think the Music Marketplace is available in Australia. If you can only purchase apps and video from the marketplace, you won't get any of the music meta-data in Zune. As far as the general community can tell, this is one of the known issues with the Zune implementation on WP7.

Feature and service availability | Windows Phone 7

HELP: How can i get WP7 Zune to show album/artist backgrounds? - Page 3 - xda-developers

Hey I want to know what I have to do to get background images in my - Microsoft Answers

When will the full Zune marketplace experience come to Australia? - Microsoft Answers

Hope that helps... though it's not the answer you were looking for.

Desdemona

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Desdemona, I don't think the Music Marketplace is available in Australia. If you can only purchase apps and video from the marketplace, you won't get any of the music meta-data in Zune. As far as the general community can tell, this is one of the known issues with the Zune implementation on WP7.

Feature and service availability | Windows Phone 7

HELP: How can i get WP7 Zune to show album/artist backgrounds? - Page 3 - xda-developers

Hey I want to know what I have to do to get background images in my - Microsoft Answers

When will the full Zune marketplace experience come to Australia? - Microsoft Answers

Hope that helps... though it's not the answer you were looking for.

Hey man, thanks for your reply. I guess I will have to learn to live without it. By the way, with the new MANGO features announced, does anyone reckon things are going to change now? I remember reading that zune services will be spreading out, but no actual confirmation. MS is notorious with these announcements, since it never seems to arrive:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon