Gmail Will Not Sync Nokia Lumia 925

W

WPCentral Question

Hi,

I've just moved from iPhone to Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 925) because it's a great OS - I have every faith in it and I wanted to lend my support!

I am however about to go completely mad as no matter what I do it will not sync my Gmail!! This is my email account and it goes without saying it's crucial...

I have deleted the account and tried again numerous times, I just get 'Google error Not updated Update the date and time on your phone and try connecting again. Error code: 80048869'

Can anyone please help with this? I am at a complete loss.

I do not have double verification enabled in Gmail.

Thanks!

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Strange, I have two accounts and both sync fine.
Have you tried checking the date and time on your phone as it suggests?
I would assume you have with it being the error message you're getting but always best to check the basics first.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I had the same problem and solved it rather easily. Go into the Gmail settings, go to forward email and put another email address to have your messages forwarded to. I have my yahoo, gmail, msn all forwarded to a POP email.

This method also keeps from having to check multiple email inboxes; all messages come to one inbox.

Short of this method, hopefully someone can help find the error you are having.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Have you ever checked the Sync settings in your gmail account on your 925? It has multiple settings for when to download new email messages... if it's on manually then you should change it to something else.

Also this happens to everyone I know but... Check your Time and Date... it's the stupidest thing ever (in terms of what's causing the error) but all E-mail services require you to have a legitimate time and date and not some made up one. Make sure that your Google Account time is set up correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon