windows asks to format sd card

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Hi,
I bought a new lumia 640 few weeks back and its all gone well until i removed my 8 gig sd card for some reason. When i put my sd card back into the phone and switched on windows shows error in sd card and said it should be formatted. my phone updated with lumia denim. Is this my sd card error or all WP doing the same. All the apps,music are unavailable.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I bought a new lumia 640 few weeks back and its all gone well until i removed my 8 gig sd card for some reason. When i put my sd card back into the phone and switched on windows shows error in sd card and said it should be formatted. my phone updated with lumia denim. Is this my sd card error or all WP doing the same. All the apps,music are unavailable.

It is probably your SD card. If a phone detects a SD card with to many error's it can not read the card so that is why you your apps et are unavailable and you get the message to format the SD card.
You could try to put the SD card in your computer and check on errors. Maybe the PC can repair them. If not you have to format the card.
Normally you can remove an SD card and put it back without a problem.

If you need more assistance please register and reply on this post.

kunal tipre

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I think your sd card is used with different os like Android etc so these file system is not readable on windows phone you have to format your sd card with the help of PC by using card reader

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria