I lost my many contacts all of a sudden from my lumia 640

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have lumia 640 (dual sim) phone. I updated to windows 10 from 8 before 1 month. At the time of up-gradation, my phone was working absolutely fine till today afternoon when I suddenly lost plenty of my contacts from my phone. I don't know how? I did windows anniversary upgrade to my phone yesterday but everything was working absolutely fine till today afternoon. I generally keep my phone in battery saver mode. Today afternoon, I temporarily turn off battery saver mode and connected to wi-fi. Can it be because of that?
When I looked closely at my contact list, I found out that those contacts which were saved in outlook only or any contacts with multiple phone numbers but those numbers which were saved in outlook are only lost. I have my contact list containing only sim contacts now.
I have linked my phone with by gmail and outlook accounts. So also checked by opening both on my PC. surprisingly, my gmail account is wiped clean of my contacts but my outlook account is neat and clean and contain all my contacts.
Now I don't know what to do? Can anyone help me?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The contacts are NOT lost - they're in your OUTLOOK account ... you're probably syncing contacts with Outlook & Gmail
- FIX that, don't sync Gmail contacts (email settings) & you s/b GOOD.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have lumia 640 (dual sim) phone. I updated to windows 10 from 8 before 1 month. At the time of up-gradation, my phone was working absolutely fine till today afternoon when I suddenly lost plenty of my contacts from my phone. I don't know how? I did windows anniversary upgrade to my phone yesterday but everything was working absolutely fine till today afternoon. I generally keep my phone in battery saver mode. Today afternoon, I temporarily turn off battery saver mode and connected to wi-fi. Can it be because of that?
When I looked closely at my contact list, I found out that those contacts which were saved in outlook only or any contacts with multiple phone numbers but those numbers which were saved in outlook are only lost. I have my contact list containing only sim contacts now.
I have linked my phone with by gmail and outlook accounts. So also checked by opening both on my PC. surprisingly, my gmail account is wiped clean of my contacts but my outlook account is neat and clean and contain all my contacts.
Now I don't know what to do? Can anyone help me?

is your email account syncing?
And are there any pending app updates?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

rajaiya

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Edit your email account from email+accounts, check values in CalDAV and CardDAV, set both to <<www.google.com>> and try syncing again.
if it's not worked, add new iCloud account with gmail credentials and set it's CalDAV and CardDAV both to <<www.google.com>> and sync this icloud account, this will sync google contacts and calendars, and you can see your gmail contacts on your W10 mobile.
i did this, and works fine. however due to battery saver issues, i rolled back to WP8.1

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb