Mail app no longer permits my Exchange and Outlook accounts with same email address

rschaefe

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Let me begin by saying this WAS working, but is no longer.

Years ago I created a Microsoft Account. I used my primary email address, at my personal domain.

Some time later, I learned about the Office 365 Hosted Exchange plans. These met my needs perfectly. I moved my email address to the hosted plan.

For some time this tripped MS up, though: I now had two accounts with Microsoft that used the same email address. But they seem to have eventually figured things out, and for the last couple years it's been no trouble to set up both accounts on my Lumia or Surface using the Mail app.

This week I needed to reset the Mail app on my Surface. Inexplicably, I'm no longer able to set up both my Outlook.com account (Microsoft Account) and the Exchange 365 account. Trying to add the second account results in an error that says, "Account already exists. There's already an account setup to use" my email address.

I still have both accounts working on my Lumia, and I don't dare make any changes for fear of breaking it, as well. The web interfaces for both accounts still work, and I still get the normal promote asking if I want to sign in with my personal (Microsoft) account or my work/school (Exchange) account.

Can anyone shed some light on why this is suddenly broken again after years, and what I can do to once again configure BOTH my accounts in the Mail app?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap