Installed two accounts on onedrive in error so can't sign in to unlink the accounts.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I added one email account to OneDrive on my desktop PC then in my ignorance added the same account to my laptop. Realising later that I should have added a different email account on my laptop, I did so but now find that when I try to log in for either of the two I get the "You're syncing a different account" message so I can't login with either. That being the case, I can't Unlink one of the accounts, ie the duplicated one from my laptop. Any help would be appreciated.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
It's a little unclear what you are trying. If you want your notes to sync between your desktop and laptop, you will need to be signed in using the same account. And to sign out of an account, just select 'sign out' and you'll be done.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I added one email account to OneDrive on my desktop PC then in my ignorance added the same account to my laptop. Realising later that I should have added a different email account on my laptop, I did so but now find that when I try to log in for either of the two I get the "You're syncing a different account" message so I can't login with either. That being the case, I can't Unlink one of the accounts, ie the duplicated one from my laptop. Any help would be appreciated.

Sir,this is confusing what you are trying to say.
Maybe i understand it.

1. You signed in on OneDrive using the pc and laptop via the same account.
Well, that is exactly how it should have been.
If you sign in one drive using same account, then only you can enjoy the features.
2. BUT, what I think is, you have used two different accounts to sign in to your laptop and pc. If you know what i mean...
You need to sign in to the device using some account, right? So you might have used two different accounts for both your devices.
3. OneDrive works for one account. It is like, if you have signed in on your pc with "abc@xyz.com" and signed in your laptop with "pqr@xyz.com" , one drive will have a conflict as in to decide which data to save and from which device.
Had you signed in to your laptop and pc via the same account, and then used one Drive, it would have worked perfectly.

So, for now,all you can do is sign out of one device. That's all :)

allan1932

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Thank you both for your comments. I've found that you can have a different OneDrive account on each computer you own. That way you can use another OneDrive space for each computer. You can sign in in the Cloud to the particular OneDrive account you want to view or use. I already do that on a second desktop that I have. My problem is with my laptop only. As far as I can see, you cannot Unlink an account in the Cloud, but only on the PC itself. Hope this explains my problem a little better.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you both for your comments. I've found that you can have a different OneDrive account on each computer you own. That way you can use another OneDrive space for each computer. You can sign in in the Cloud to the particular OneDrive account you want to view or use. I already do that on a second desktop that I have. My problem is with my laptop only. As far as I can see, you cannot Unlink an account in the Cloud, but only on the PC itself. Hope this explains my problem a little better.

I guess it does. Not really sure if i understand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon