Minimum requirements

Aravind Belagaje

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm planning to buy a laptop in which I'm thinking of building UWP application what are the minimum requirement and recommend configuration for my laptop
Can i use usb debugging in windows phone? If yes how can i do that

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm planning to buy a laptop in which I'm thinking of building UWP application what are the minimum requirement and recommend configuration for my laptop

for the first part, that is programming that you wish to do; so going by the minimum recommended specs for visual studio https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/visual-studio-2015-system-requirements-vs#1

You can use a laptop with 4GB RAM and core i3 or core i5 will do just nicely. That is quite enough for your needs. Just about any modern laptop can do the job

Syncaidius

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site

On the specs, I think pretty much what Chintan said is good enough. I've had no problems developing on a 2011 Dell XPS 15, which has 4GB of ram and a core i5.

The WP8 SDK comes with a tool to register your device(s) for development, which then lets you deploy to it from VS over USB. I haven't tried Win10 Mobile yet, but I assume that works exactly the same, since WP8 apps also work on it.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
On the specs, I think pretty much what Chintan said is good enough. I've had no problems developing on a 2011 Dell XPS 15, which has 4GB of ram and a core i5.

The WP8 SDK comes with a tool to register your device(s) for development, which then lets you deploy to it from VS over USB. I haven't tried Win10 Mobile yet, but I assume that works exactly the same, since WP8 apps also work on it.

It's actually slightly different. You can still debug over usb but you don't need to use a special tool to register the device for deployment. Just go in the developer settings on the phone and set it to developer mode there and that's it, you can select ARM in visual studio and select device when you want to start debugging. Pretty awesome :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital